Stopping in to Say Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tog Lovers, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Thought we would stop in and say Hi! This site is wonderful. We are Rich & Dee and we hail from Greensburg, PA (not far from Pittsburgh). As our Name suggests we have Toggenburg Goats. This is a new venture fo us. This summer we aquired 2 lovely Tog doelings and so far we are loving it. We intend to breed, milk and show. Speaking of breeding if anyone has a registered Tog buck we would be interested in hearing from you.

Well HELLO TO EVERYONE!!

Rich & Dee

2. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Hello & Welcome!! I have only seen Toggs in pictures but they are such beautiful goats! Hopefully someday I'll get a chance to see some in person. Apparently they are pretty rare in my area.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Hi Rich and Dee, sorry it took me a while to respond I just totaly missed this post!

If you are looking for bucks best thing is to find breeders near you who may or may not have Toggs but who might know of a buck availble for stud or sale.

I tend to do searches on the internet and then contact breeders and if they don't have what i am looking for the usually can point me in a direction to find it.

Most goat people are willing to help others, you never know it may turn back around and help you in the long run.

4. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    another pennsylvanian says, 'welcome'. no togs here, and i am in the northeastern part of the state, in bradford county. good luck in your buck search. no togs in this area that i know of.

5. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Hi Rich and Dee,

Another Pa person saying hello. I know a person that has Toggenburg's I will check and see if she has a buck or would know of one you could use. She is located in Bloserville Pa. I will PM you with any info I find out either way. I live in Cumberland County not to far from Harrisburg. PA

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm in Armstrong County....but VERY close to Indiana and Westmoreland!! I pm'd you!!