The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mini fridge in my barn for the medication that has to be refrigerated and then I have the stuff that doesn't have to be and I never really can find a good place to keep them. Can I store them all in my fridge without a problem?

·
1,524 Posts
Well, I store most of mine in the fridge. Some I keep in a box on the kitchen table (I live alone and can put stuff wherever I want!). Some of the non-refrigerated stuff says to keep in a cool dark place, so I figure a box is dark.

Most medications have a temperature span listed. I try to go by that as best as I can. however it's getting harder for me to see printing that small!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a cabinet for stuff,I also have a tool Box that I figure I can take to the barn,it stays in the garage,keep most of the small stuff in there

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Can I store them all in my fridge without a problem?
No. Some medications, Baytril is one example, are not meant to be refrigerated and it can cause them to go bad. Always read the box and store according to what is stated.

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
I personally have a shelf in my pantry that is dedicated to room temperature goat medications. I don't have a barn mini fridge, so likewise, there is a compartment in my normal refrigerator for medications that need to be kept chilled, too.

Maybe set up a shelf or something for your medications in your barn, near the fridge? That way, everything stays in the same general location?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts