The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My thoughtful hubby got me a Food Saver vacuum sealer for Christmas and I was wondering if any one has ever used the canning jar attachment to keep their goat milk in the fridge? I know you can freeze it in straight walled mason jars but was wonderingf if it would keep longer in the refridgerator if it was vacuum sealed. I love this new appliance!! Now I can keep my goat cheese longer as well as "shrink" wrap my soaps!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have never used it to freeze milk but I have had issues with powders and liquids- they get sucked into the machine when you try to vacuum seal, The liquids must be frozen first and I put a paper towel circle thing in the mouth for powders. But I love it also- I never buy those plastic bag things - I just have mason jars. I did find that the ball lids seal better for me than the Kerr ones- I have some jars of dried fruit that is ten years old but I haven't the never to open them to see what the limits of keeping are- I keep the large volums of staples in them like grains, sugar, powdered milk, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts