STORMS! Great, even more now. grrr

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well it's hailing right now and there was a Tornado watch earlier, and a lowering too near Bethany's for my taste (FarmGirl18). Now we've got hail. I hate storms! I sure hope everyone else is okay too! :pray:

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Re: STORMS!

:pray: :pray: :pray: Hope things are ok for you

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Stay safe over there Crissa! We're just getting tons of wind, and a bit of rain, no hail or anything yet.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Wow...you girls stay safe and if it does get too awfully bad make sure you take good cover! And check in as soon as possible please :pray:

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Thanks liz and Thanatos.

Bethany we only have pea sized hail, luckily. (knock on wood) I'm glad that the lowering didn't turn into a full out tornado though! (again knock on wood) I was worried because it looked pretty close to you.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

It's been super windy here too! I just hope it rains some tomorrow - I really don't wanna have soccer practice outside!! lol But I certainly hope your storms stop!!

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

It's not the rain I don't want, I just want the threat of tornadoes to go away! :shocked:

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Yeah we could use some rain, it's super dry. However tornado's aren't so fun. Glad your hail isn't too bad Crissa!

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I agree, tornado warnings and watches aren't fun at all!

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

I'm kind of used to all the tornado watches/warnings after living in OK for so many years...still can be scary though. We always keep a close eye on the radar and the news whenever we get bad weather, and thankfully we have a storm shelter that we've used many times.

Hows it been going with you Chelsey? Are all your babies doing well?

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Hi Bethany, yea everything is good! I've just been really busy lately. All of the goats are doing really good, the babies are so much fun!

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    And of course now we're fixing to get hit by a potential blizzard. I hate the cold! I already bedded down Lyric and Orion, probably going to put them together so that they can share body heat as well. (is that a good idea?) I'm also planning on hauling plenty of hot water up to them, if it will help. LOTS of hot chocolate this weekend for me!

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey crissa sorry I didnt see this earlier. sorry about the blizzard coming :( yah bed them together I am sure they will appreciate it.

:coffee2: hot chocolate is my friend (im addicted :oops: )

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That's alright. We're supposed to get 10-16" of snow. And I put Orion in with Lyric, and she thought I was INSANE she hated the idea (for now anyways) She wanted nothing to do with him. Poor guy. :slapfloor: We might lose power tonight and tomorrow. I sure hope Bethany's okay too. And anyone else who's getting hit by this stuff.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats nasy! I wont tell you what it is here then (but then again it was warm there when we had snow :scratch: crazy how this weather has been for all of us!)

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Crissa, I bet you are getting what just left here. (can you send it back? I love snow storms). I know people think I am totally crazy, but they are so beautiful. As long as everyone is safe inside.

It is just those stupid people that think they can go into a 3-4 foot drift and make it out the other side. :doh:

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    crissa ....I pray you and everyone ...every animal stays safe.... :pray:

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I think it is too. You can have it back! I don't want it! lol I like the snow, I just don't like the fact that it's a pain in the butt for me, since all of my animals are spread out at different places it can be quite hard.