Strange goat behavior

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by hprice3920, Aug 11, 2008.

1. hprice3920

hprice3920 New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I have a buck that is making some really strange noises. He get right in the other goats (wethers) face and makes a giggling sound and bothers the others all the times with this behavior. I have a 3 month old starting to stick his tongue out and spit and make strange sounds. Anyone else seen this before? I dont know if it some agression thing or mating behavior? :shrug:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yup....typical buck behavior! It's such a funny sound when the young boys do it...made me laugh so hard when Chief started it I almost p'd my pants! :ROFL:

It's all part of breeding and the boys will "practice" the bucky "yodel" and tongue flapping on anything....including you! :slapfloor:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome to breeding season. your bucks are going into rutt. They are so funny aren they :slapfloor:

4. Ivy

Ivy New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Midwest
    Thats normal male behavior!! LOL
    They are flirting and the will flirt with any goat, including other males.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    And you :roll: :love: lol My does do this during breeding season too, I've had does do it to bucks in the pen!

6. hprice3920

hprice3920 New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    It was too funny when the 10 week old did it to another buck in the next pen. I need to video tape it and send it to America's Funnest Home Videos :ROFL:
    I'm not sure what the people next door think is going on over here with all the funny sounds. :slapfloor: