The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past couple days one of the pygmy does I got a couple months ago has had this weird looking goo stuck to her girlie part. Yesterday was not as much but this morning a pretty good bit.It's kind of yellowish green colored and doesn't smell or anything. I've never had any others with stuff like this so I'm starting to worry. Just want to be sure it not an infection or something. I got her on sept 1 and she's been with my buck until about 2 weeks go. But she already has a small udder and her lady area has been puffy and open so she most likely was already preggers when she came. Is this normal or something wrong?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I'm sure she is pregnant . She is developing an udder and her belly is big and her lady parts have changed alot since I got her. But the most she could be by my buck is almost 2 1/2 mos. so I have no idea when she is due :( I'm going out of town thanksgiving weekend for the first time in a year. I thought it would be a good time to go since none of my girls would be due to kid until January feb and march. Wasn't expecting one to already be pregnant with no clue when to expect the baby.

·
1,147 Posts
I also think she is loosing her plug.
If her udder is developing, she is getting really close!
Babies on the way!

Oh, and BTW: She will probably have them when you are gone. Goats are pretty good at sticking to the "Goat's Code of Honor". LoL

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Her belly hasn't dropped yet and looks like her ligs are still up so I'd say you have a week or so before she kids But could be wrong on that. She is certainly heavy bred so just watch for her belly to drop and back end to start loosening up. She shoulf also get a full, shiny bag once she's ready to kid but some don't until after they kid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts