Strange story- Sad and happy ending

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goatheaven, Mar 8, 2008.

1. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    Well here we go again. Had a Kinder goat give birth Thursday night after 11 p.m. She was a bottle baby herself born to a Nubian mother who left her stranded in the barn while she grazed in the pasture. I bottle raised her and she went to be a companion goat on another farm for a few years but returned 2 years ago. The first time she kidded she had a brown buckling and black swiss marked doeling. She accepted the brown buckling just like herself and rejected the black swiss marked doeling. So I bottle raised her and left with mom and brother. It was sad to see mom butt her but I felt it best to grow up with her brother instead of alone. I have both kids still and she still licks and dotes on her boy kid. Kinder gave birth Thursday night to quads, three doelings(2 black and one brown) and one huge buckling (black). She cleaned everyone and then settled down for nursing. She did the same thing again. She chose the brown doeling and took care of her and she rejected all three black colored kids. :shrug:She butted then and refused to let them eat. So I spent the night feeding three helpless kids :coffee2: I did not know what to do as I work full time and have one bottle baby already. The kids never knew mom and were very human imprinted. Wagged their little tails to see humans. Also I have a mandatory out of town conference to attend Wed- Friday and knew hubby can't bottle raise 4 kids, feed goats, dogs,cats and a pig and actually work. Luckily I was very blessed to find then a great home with a vet tech who does not work and has two helpful children to help out. I was sad to see them go but relieved and happy for them. This was good for them as they had just lost their favorite horse a couple of days earlier. Wonder why Kinda chooses the kid to keep that always looks like her and rejects the others?

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm glad you were able to find someone to take them. Such a pity but its good you don't have to worry about it anymore.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that could have been a tough situation given the circomstances but boy what a God send to find them a nice home.

I really have no clue about the rejection part :shrug:

4. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    I talked to the couple tonight because they came back out to buy two of my adult goats and the kids are living in the house and they contain them in their garden tub. They bought a big trough for them to stay in at night but they climb out so they sleep in the bathroom in the garden tub. They really are enjoying them. Now if I can just get some sleep and prepare everything to be out of town. Poor hubby! He'll be like this until I get home :hair:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    i am sure he will manage. But it never hurts to be extra prepared.