Strange Thing Happened. . .

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Apr 5, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is a very good point Keren. Thanks for that. However, I don't think I will buy anymore goats from her. She obviously hates my guts over this name thing and even though I apologized several times and changed the wording on our site, she doesn't seem to want to accept it. Sooo, I will use this little doe in our herd and hopefully her lines blend well with what we have. :) I am excited to see her FF udder next year!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the funny thing is I have been in your shoes - but not over a name but over creating TGS. I had my name dragged through the mud but guess what??? People actually came to me and said "I heard this or that about you" and I could just tell them it wasnt true and they believed me. You be honest, be kind and dont back down (on the important things) and in the end the Truth will set you free.

Today TGS is going strong and I have all of you to thank for it. Not many people knew what was going on behind the scenes with TGS's start up and the harrassment I was receiving (except those who were my moderators) I wanted it to stay that way - so if I were you I wouldnt go and tell others that this breeder is a bad mouth or nasty etc. Just keep it between you two and if people dont see you spreading lies about her they will get the idea real quick over who is the real insigator. And if they dont....well sometimes thats the price we pay unfortunatly. Cant please everyone and there will always be someone who feels threatened by you in one way or the other.

I was unable to revive my friendship with the slanderer but many people realized I didnt retaliate and that is what saved my reputation.

Keep your chin up - you will do fine.

P.S. what you have done on TGS is fine - just mean dont go and name names to breeders and talk about the situation. I dont think you would but jsut in case I wanted to give you my experience and what worked.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I can't blame you.... for not wanting to deal with her anymore..... I definitely would not...she is very unreasonable....even when you were being so nice to her... didn't work ....it is just not worth even trying anymore...I am sorry ....you had to deal with someone like that......be your own person... and do what "you" need to ...to make "you" happy... not her If you want to change you goaties name and can through your association...go for it........Seems like she is trying to run peoples lives ...when she sells her goats........so sad.... :( :hug: