The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved my three goats to a new home where they are backyard goats. My two doelings are adapting ok but my 2 year old momma goat is having a hard time - she is yelling a lot. She quiets down when I’m with her but SCREAMS when I leave (worse than before I go in).

Any ideas on how to make her feel more secure? I had to downsize before the move and removed her mother from my herd about a month prior- she seemed fairly over that but the move maybe re-stressed her out?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Some goats take a long time to adjust unfortunately...my first ones were like that too. They came from a large free range herd in the village...so didn't think much of their smaller paddock and the fact that there was just two of them. Screamed night and day for several hours at a time....I was forced to ignore them as going outside made it worse when I had to return indoors. It's a good Idea to keep a check for worms and other problems as she's so stressed...if you're able to, vitamin b complex is useful for immunity boosting after stress. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts