Stressssseeeeedddd . . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Idahodreamer, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Well, the day after my birthday is a busy day for me.
    We have to deliver a puppy to someone on our 3 hour drive to pick up my new goat. . . three hours with three kids and two grumpy grownups. :greengrin:
    I made the lady I bought my goat from very unhappy. . . so I feel really, really, bad about that . . . oh, and then there's an even chance my new doe might not be bred. :( So that's worrying me alot too . . .
    2nd semester of my last school year is killing me . . . and I just started it two days ago!!
    And Daisy my darling ND is day 102 today and does not look pregnant and smells bucky! :hair:
    Ah, and no money to buy essential items that I need before mid February with the total cost being about 200 bucks . . .
    Yep. Stressful. Very, very, very stressful week for me . . .
    I did get a Macbook for my birthday from my cousin. :hug:
    But other than that, my head is orbiting around and around and around . . .*BTW, we need a smilie that's head spins. LOL*
    Anyone else want to complain? I'm done now. :laugh:

2. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    take a moment to have a few deep breaths, remember "this too shall pass" and everything will work out for you somehow :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you are purchasing the doe bred -- then if she comes up open what is the breeder going to do about that?

4. Idahodreamer

That is what I'm worried about., Stacy. :( I haven't asked her, because I'm kinda scared I'm gonna jinx myself but if she isn't bred I'll just put the money toward a buckling from one of her does I suppose. . .

MissMM, That's what my mommy said . . .it's not working . . .lol . . .

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Ok then...... my suggestion is Chocolate....... large amounts of chocolate. Might not help w/the pregnancy wonders w/the goat, but should do the trick w/the stress. Imagine:

A nice hot bath with a little water to go with the bubbles....... and Lindor milk chocolate truffles.... a glass of white wine if you're old enough......

6. Idahodreamer

We don't have any wine . . . :(
    but I am going to go make myself a cappuccino and see if it'll calm me a little bit.
    :cool: Stress, stress go away and don't come back another day . . . :laugh:
    thanks MissMM :hug:

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    :hug:

I hear ya on stress! I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Why did you make the lady unhappy?

9. Idahodreamer

I asked her to meet us in a town 20 minutes from her farm so she has to drive 40 miles home from work to pick up Nellie and meet us in this town and I don't blame her for not being happy about it one bit but I am not the one who is driving so I can't help her out there. :( And if we drove all the way to her farm the entire trip would be roughly a 8 hour drive. . .
    We can't arrange this for Saturday because she's doing a DHIR training at her farm, and Sunday is out of the Q because we are having people over. . .
    So I feel awful about . . .but no matter how I think about it, I can't figure another easier way of doing it that will benefit both of us . . . :shrug:

10. Idahodreamer

The reason there is such a set time frame is because we are running up there to deliver some stuff. . . .but anyway I emailed her and am meeting her a half an hour later than we planned *my dad is going to M*U*R*D*E*R me :help: * but she is happier about the situation, and I am happier about the situation, so I think the power of the cappuccino is working. :slapfloor:
    I've never been good at organizing situations, so live and learn I guess. I'm a trial and error person. :doh:
    I wish I could give her more time, seriously.
    I personally don't 'work' but just imagining the scenario I could see myself pretty :veryangry: if someone did this to me . . .
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . . . there went my 'feeling better' streak . . . :doh:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Where is it that you all are going to pick the doe up at and what kind??

12. Idahodreamer

She's in Cheney, but she works quite a ways into the Valley.
    It's a March-April '09 Lamancha doe.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That's what I thought - I will be at Heather's on Saturday!

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What day are you all meeting and which way are you all coming up?

15. Idahodreamer

We are coming up from Moscow, *don't know which highway it is* but we are meeting on friday at 3:30 . . . .
    I wanted to be there really bad too! But no time and I couldn't arrange for Saturday.

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    It is up to you and Heather - but if it is easier to pick the doe up in Spokane Valley - my husband has a business there - and Heather can drop the animal off (in a kennel) there for the day.......

17. Idahodreamer

A kennel? As in a doggie run or a doggie crate?
    We both didn't think it would be very fair to put her in a doggie crate all day, and then another 3 hours home . . .
    thankyou, allison, that would be very sweet of you guys if we could work something out. :hug:

18. Idahodreamer

But then, we are going to be in Spokane around 1:00 . . .so we could pick her up and have her home by 5:00 . . .
    So maybe it wouldn't be that bad if she did stay in a crate for a few hours . . . I will email Heather and ask her . . .
    Payment might be the only problem here as I'm paying her cash but maybe I could meet her somewhere in Spokane after picking up Nellie . . . :idea:

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What ever you would like - as long as it is a big enough kennel that she can stand up and turn around in she will be fine - heck - animals are in smaller crates then that for longer periods of time!

If you want - I can have my husband take the money - give you all a signed receipt that he received so much in cash and then I can take the cash with me on Saturday - along with her kennel - back out to her...... Just let Heather know that it is me ---- and if it works great for you all - if not - I completely understand - was just trying to help you both out!

20. Idahodreamer

:hug: Sent her an email! Thankyou so much, we'll see what she says. I don't think being in the kennel for such a short period of time will do her any harm either and it will make it easier for both Heather and Me. Thankyou again, Allison! :hug: