The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Strongid Horse Wormer for my 6 month old pony that we have. The Strogid according to horse owners - is a little more gentle than Ivermectin for instance, and is safe for younger horses (such as our Pony "Star")

Can I use the Strongid for my GOATS ?? I assumed that it would be fine - especially since it's not REAL Strong. But I never recall it being mentioned on gw or anywhere, so figured I just better be sure. Otherwise - I do have some Ivermectin to worm them with, but I used that last time I wormed them, and would prefer to rotate wormers. So I would like to use something different this time around - to keep a rotation.

SO - anyone use Strongid for goats ? Or should I just use the Ivermectin again ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Stacey :) Hey - what about Panacur horse wormer ? Just curious for future reference - Star's deworming program is Strongid and Panacur right now - and at 8 months old she'll be started on Ivermectin. So I might as well use the same rotation with my goats as I am Star to keep things uncomplicated.

So I assume Panacur is safe also ?

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
yup Ivermectin and panacure are both safe for pregnant goats.

I would be careful about having your girls wormed to often. check eyelids/gums - if pink don't worm, if pale then worm. this will help to keep the wormers affective in your area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts