The Goat Spot Forum banner

Stud service

982 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Stacykins 
#1 ·
My vet is going to be using me ND to service his 8 does I live in CNY and currently have a boer buck out for stud service for $50 for 1 doe I have no idea what a good price is for his service any ideas ? I figure when I come up with a good $ amount I will just barter for vet services

#5 ·
I charged $200.00 per doe if they are at my home for a month, but he was from the top lines and Grand Champion in show and fleece.

#7 ·
I have one Nigerian Dwarf doe and 2 LaMancha does (One is still too young to breed.)

I traveled an hour and paid $75 for the Nigerian breeding to a proven buck with a decent lineage.

I traveled 45 minutes in the other direction and paid $50 for a LaMancha breeding with an unproven buck (this is his first year breeding) who is also from excellent lines: His mother and several of his sisters are milking champions!

I've called around and these prices are pretty typical here for "driveway breedings". If I were to leave my girls with the breeder I would have to supply the grain and hay and pay an extra $3 per night.

Of course, I live in rural Maine...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.