The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am renting my boer buckling out for stud service does any one have a written agreement for that they would want to share with me?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I was going to type up an agreement but I decided not too as I only have 3 clients. I have 2 bucks though, and I wasn't going to take my boys anywhere but sidewalk breeding wasn't getting it done, so one of my guys is farmed out right now. I have a good relationship with each client as well.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of not worrying about it but I hate to get burned I know the people who are taking him but I don't know them that well

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
You could just type up an agreement that included your price, the fee if anything happens to him, and what you offer incase the deed didn't get done. I offer another time with the buck or their money back. Also, I will bring my buck to them, not them pick him up, that way I can see the conditions he'll be living in, if not satisfactory then at that time I can back out.

·
2,203 Posts
I, ("customer") agree to use the selected buck of choice (full name and reg number) to service my doe of choice (full name and reg number) for the duration of (date) thru (date).

I, (customer) agree to contact first the owner (your name), and then the vet of choice (clinic) in case of emergency. I agree to consult with owner (name) if any injury, disease, or death may occur.

I (customer) also understand this is not my animal, strictly a lease, and all movements between properties, any medications given, any management practices listed but not limited to banding, dehorning, trimming hooves must all be approved in advance. I also understand that I will receive an additional breeding free of charge if doe does not take. I must also return (full name of buck and reg name) on (date); if anything were to prolong this time, I agree to make notice to owner. I also understand this buck is disease tested negative and will be supplied all proof of which.

Sent with person for records:
You have my permission to use (full name reg number) for the duration of ( date) thru (date). Any cares given must be approved other than daily attention (if you wish), feeding, and/or hand breeding. I expect printed copies of disease tested negative herd, as well as test results of all goats he will encounter during his stay. In return you will receive his negative test papers as well. Any additional breedings to outside does MUST be consulted and approved. I also expect full payment prior to buck leaving the premises.

Any additional information is filled out in the comment empty section on both forms, copies of everything is made, and any additional cares must be recorded on both parties. When transaction is completed, copied must be made again, and both parties receive copies for record.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hers mine that I wrote up

Breeding Agreement

This is a breeding agreement between (here by know as Owner)

and (here by known as Stable Owner).

This agreement is made on

and is for the breeding of (Doe reg. name, adga#, ear tattoo)

I, Owner, here by agree to have my doe bred by (buck reg. name, adga#, ear tattoo)

For the price of

I, Owner, here by state that my doe is free and clear of communicable diseases, is(are) healthy, in good breeding condition, and has tested negative for CAE/CL, and Johnes disease as shown by test result papers.

Date of last deworming

I, Stable Owner, here by state that my bucks are free and clear of communicable diseases, are healthy, are in good breeding condition, and have tested negative for CAE/CL and Johnes disease as shown by paperwork.

I, Stable Owner, here by state that I will provide the best care within my means for Owners does while on my property. Stable Owner will notify Owner immediately if anything seems off.

In the event of a medical emergency, if Stable Owner can't get a hold of Owner, has the right to seek medical attention at Owners expense. Vet clinics (unless specified otherwise by Owner) used will be Doerr to Door (Dr. Jaime Doerr, Philomath, OR 541-929-6373), or Scio Animal Clinic (503-394-2035).

Additional Notes

Stable Owner
Phone

Owner
Phone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts