The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think one of my does that I aquired is stunted. Reason being, she doesn't grow, lol. I gat her from a trade with a dear friend, with her in milk dam. I got her at two months and she is exactly the same way. Even weirder, she has been nursing ever since she was born! She is five months old now and is the size of a 2 month old.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I dont know, I used to be 105lbs, and it REALLY hurts when you crack your knee, or trip and fall, knock your hip into a doorknob, etc. You have nothing to cover your bones when your that thin!
Weighing a bit more helps :)

·
14,615 Posts
I think one of my does that I aquired is stunted. Reason being, she doesn't grow, lol. I gat her from a trade with a dear friend, with her in milk dam. I got her at two months and she is exactly the same way. Even weirder, she has been nursing ever since she was born! She is five months old now and is the size of a 2 month old.
Glad you filled us in.
Yes, have you treated for cocci? Worms?

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
I just purchased an emaciated 10 month old Nubian doe. She has suffered from worms all year. I know her momma died, though not sure when. Anyway, we just weighed her today and she cane out at 38 pounds, several pounds lighter then our 5 month old whose momma has something petite in her background.

I have treated my little Nubian for worms and just ordered some healing herbs for her. I hope you can figure out what is wrong and take appropriate action.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Lol, I must be tired. I just read these posts and have been laughing so hard at "I thin". And "say whaaa". Sometimes this forum is just what I need to make my day!
Now, your doe, does she eat well, have a good apetite? Maybe some BOSS would help add some fat, cald manna for high protein... Is she picky? Getting pushed out? I have one that defers to her sister, and prefers hay to grain. She gets individual attention now while eating so she eats everything I give her. Otherwise, she just wants us to pet her, or she just loses interest.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have her checked for lungworms. It will cause them to be stunted and cough. I had a buck that got lungworms ad he was always short and and always had a bit of a cough. He's throws awesome babies though, sooooo.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, doesn't cocci have symptoms? She has NEVER has clumpy/wet poo that I know of, and I have treated for worms. She has a good appetite and is playful. Her mom produces enough and should've had very nice colostrum since this is her 6th freshening (i think). She just doesn't grow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts