stupid question.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by motherof5boys1girl, Aug 22, 2009.

1. motherof5boys1girl

motherof5boys1girl Guest

Aug 3, 2009
    ok..this is so goofy and i am probably imagining things..but one of my girls "private area" looks like its been stretched open. its sort of gaping. can this mean that she was bred without my knowing? or does this just happen? i mean, not to say that i am always looking at it but i did notice it the other day.

:scratch:

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Looking at doe behinds is part of goat rearing. (pun intended) All of us here probably look at vulvas more often than we look at their teeth!!
    Has she ever been bred before? Sometimes in latter stages of preg when they lay down the vulva does open somewhat.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I know that you have a wether.....but is it possible at all that she was in contact with a buck during the stay away from you?

Also, what I have noticed with my own maiden girls is that the older they get, during heats the vulva does look open as well as being swollen.

4. motherof5boys1girl

motherof5boys1girl Guest

Aug 3, 2009
    well, that is what i am afraid of..the person said she didnt have goats, but then i found references to her goats so i am very worried. i hope shes not because i feel shes too young and as small as she is, she could get into trouble if the boy was bigger i imagine. shes only 13 or so inches at the shoulders.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they can look that way when in heat

6. motherof5boys1girl

motherof5boys1girl Guest

Aug 3, 2009
    i was wondering that, but she was in heat when she left for the week that she was gone. i am sure she is fine though, i am just a worrywart i think!

:clap:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they come into heat every 18-21 days so depending on the timing it could be a heat or her just maturing.

8. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    How old is she?