SUCCESS!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by frost hollow, Apr 8, 2009.

1. frost hollow

frost hollow New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hi everyone! she kidded monday evening 9:30. No problems at all. Actually I arrived on the scene minutes after the second one was born. I was able to clean them up, dry them off and give Esther a good drink of warm water with molasses. I would have witnessed the birthing but that I was in the house watching a goat birth on youtube so that I would know what to expect...kindof ironic eh?? I watched a video and missed my own. All I care is that things went well and the babies, 2 boys :( , are doing well. I tried to attach a pic but I am being told the file is too big. I don't know how to reduce it..it's just a digital snapshot. anyhow.. huge relief here, I've been with them constantly as it is really cold out right now.. in the 30's all day with flurries. I am in western massachusetts, elevation 1,600. But I'm sure that's nothin' to some of you folks out west! :love:

2. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    It seems to go that way sometimes.....one minute you think the doe is going to hold out for a bit longer-than the moment you go and do something-she has them. At least the kids and mom are doing well. Congrats! :stars: :boy: :boy: :cool: . All we have here in Idaho is a bit of wind-otherwise the weather has been pretty good lately-nice and sunny and no snow.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    nice! that is ironic! lol :clap: on the kiddos!

4. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    That is ironic! I missed my first kidding also only to arrive to see three little wet kids looking at me. Congrats on the easy births sorry about the bucks, that seems to be going around a lot these days.

About the photos try using photobucket.com to put them on the board.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow.... that is super ironic for sure..... :shocked: :wink:

congrats............. :leap:

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    LOL!! you sure aren't talking to me! i'm at 2400 feet, 65 degrees, and i'm wearing a coat.. pathetic, i know

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats, and Momma sure wanted to make it easy for you. :stars: for the fellas!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations, Nothing better then a easy kidding like that.

Where are the pictures?

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats on two healthy boys! It is really funny that you were doing your homework watching a video when you could have been doing the 'real thing' out in the barn. :)

10. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    congrats! :leap: i thought my girl would go late, and then ta-da, yesterday she had a little boy.

and i am at 6400 feet... it's a wee bit chilly still :(