Successful Kidding!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Farmer Gab, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Farmer Gab

Farmer Gab New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Well, after a terrible kidding two weeks ago with our Dahlia, Sweet Pea kidded on Sunday without a single problem. I figured out that she was in labor because I let the goats out of their pen to go for a walk around our place and she wouldn't come with us. So, I got the kidding pen ready and we waited. The funny thing is that she CHOWED a ton of food (pellets and goat chow) while she was in labor! Anyway, she kidded two little doelings. My husband proceeded to name them Barley and Hops. He said it was his turn and I guess he was right since I have named everything else on our farm. :greengrin: I am sooooooo glad that I was able to see what a normal kidding is like so that I will be better prepared in the future to help when I see that things aren't progressing normally. :thumb:
  2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats! It is always nice to have a "cake walk" one! LOL!

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Congrats! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience the first time. Did you witness this birth? Did you help? Did we explain that we require pictures? I think we all need a "kid fix" every now and then, or else we all go out and buy another goat! :slapfloor:
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    no Di it is we need the pictures so we CAN go out and buy another goat, seeing those cute little things just makes you want another one so bad!

Congrats on the healthy delivery and being there to see it! :wahoo: :leap:
  5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Congrats!!! We had a couple hard kiddings this year and easy kiddings always seem to procede them :)
  6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful!!!! :D
  7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! :girl: :girl: ....glad it was a very good delivery and a learning experience!! My hubby LOVES the names too!!