Suggestion from a noob.

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by nesluopetan, Feb 19, 2010.

1. nesluopetan

nesluopetan New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Utah
    I am new here so you can totally disregard this message and call me crazy and i wont feel bad..

But my opinion is the site should be condensed down a little.. There is literally so many categories on here and sometimes I am unsure where I should be posting and then a lot of people post the same thing in 2-3 different areas.. I think you could merge some of the areas into 1 generalized topic instead of having so many unique categories on here. It would make it a lot more simpler and cleaner and easier in my opinion..

As I said I love this site and if you don't agree with what I said I wont feel bad at all.. Just as a newbie here this is what has been the very hardest for me.. SOOO many places and categories to post on this site and takes longer for people to post replies with so many different categories to view.. I think it could be much easier if condensed a little.

I host and am a member of the biggest car club in utah.. we have a forum with about 800 members and we went through this same thing.. We had tons of categories on the site and once we decided to condense it down it became much simpler to use and made finding things much easier for people and the replies came in more quickly..

either way is fine with me though as long as you can put up with me I don't care! :dance:

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    The new categories are pretty recent. I'm a big fan of condensing forums too, so many makes for spreading out, but if it works, it works. :)

3. Nathan, if it were not for Active Topics I could never keep up and if I want to post it normally goes into Goat Frenzy. Trust me if it is in the wrong spot it will get moved, but Goat Frenzy is pretty safe as it is anything goat, so that was my interpretation. HEHE At that point if it gets moved I view though active topics so it does not matter where it gets moved to is show up.

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Yep... I only use Active Topics for searching as well.... I thought the world had come to an end the day the Active Topics link was not working! LOL

All of the different categories are nice when I'm browsing through older files though.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I like it condensed as much as possible BUT the thing with doing that is its hard to find information once it gets "lost" in the posting.

I check just about every post that is made by clicking the "recent Post" link on the top right. OThers like the "active topics" on teh left

basically its the same info just more with the active topics.

Believe me there is a reason for each category and forum under it. If I could keep it smaller I would, but there is a reason to the madness.