The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yearling Boer goat that had diarrhea, fever of 105.6 and a cough this morning when I went out to feed. The vet came while I was at work and left me with two HUGE sulmet pills. And a thing that looks like it goes down her throat, but also two OB gloves...

I assume the pills are to be put down her throat and not suppositories??? I see lots of info on liquid sulmet, but none on these huge horse pills.

What should I do with them?

·
Super Moderator
59,784 Posts
I would call your vet and ask him what he wants you to do. Never used the Sulmet pills. I'm sure it is oral but not sure if you need to break up the pills or what.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, finally got her. She said give the whole pill. Put it in the end of the blue thing and put it just down the back of her throat and release the pill. She gave her one yesterday, and today we have berries again thankfully! I will give her one tonight and tomorrow. Then the vet will come again Friday afternoon for our fair check up. So she might be giving me more to give her at that point depending on how she is doing.

This is my first experience with cocci. Does it usually have fevers associated with it?

Should I continue to keep her seperate from the others? Are they suseptible to getting it too?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts