The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere I have went to order this it has been on indefinite backorder. What the heck! Does this mean it is so popular the supply can't mean the demand or are they discontinuing it?

Anyone else having problems getting this that doesn't already have it on hand? I emailed the manufacturer to see if they can give me any input, it is an invaluable product IMO.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
I couldnt find it in my area last time I tried but you can find the actual medcation...its called
Sulfamethazine Sodium 12.5%
I got a gallon jug...however I no longer use it fro Cocci..if you have time you can order Baycox...its a simple 1 cc per 5# one dose if your goat is not ill with cocci and two doses ten days apart if he has cocci...thats it...some do retreat regularly as preventive but I rather not. I treat once at 3 weeks old..then not again unless I need to. you order from Horseprerace.com..I buy the 200ML bottle and it last quite a few doses..it is well worth the investment..works much better when sulmet stop working fro me. Best wishes

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldnt find it in my area last time I tried but you can find the actual medcation...its called
Sulfamethazine Sodium 12.5%
I got a gallon jug...however I no longer use it fro Cocci..if you have time you can order Baycox...its a simple 1 cc per 5# one dose if your goat is not ill with cocci and two doses ten days apart if he has cocci...thats it...some do retreat regularly as preventive but I rather not. I treat once at 3 weeks old..then not again unless I need to. you order from Horseprerace.com..I buy the 200ML bottle and it last quite a few doses..it is well worth the investment..works much better when sulmet stop working fro me. Best wishes
I will look up the ingredient, I actually wanted to keep on hand for our cows. We had a case of BRD (which it helps treat) a few years ago. Aborted all our calves :(. We have a closed herd so still stumped as to where the heck it came from. Also liked the reasonable price of the Sulmet.

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
Gottcha : ) I bought my gallon at a Bovine supply store ...

·
Registered
31,055 Posts
call bovine vet supply stores and ask for the medication name instead of the brand name...Our regular feed stores did not carry it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts