Summer Kid Reservations - NV delivery Possible

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by pennylullabelle, Jan 25, 2010.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Delivery to Western states possible, potentially as far as Texas if kids are old enough. All reservations are open with some pet whethers possible sold.

All 4 of the following does will be bred to Courageous this month.

Athena
    http://quakingcanopy.com/2010/01/11/hoo ... bj-athena/

Thumper
    http://quakingcanopy.com/2010/01/24/crf ... k-thumper/

Shiloh
    http://quakingcanopy.com/2010/01/24/mys ... hb-shiloh/

Porsche (Porsche has obtained an ideal weight, but I may wait a short while longer to breed her)
    http://quakingcanopy.com/2010/01/11/cas ... k-porsche/

The buck, Courageous:
    http://quakingcanopy.com/2010/01/08/captcourageous/

Does will be $300, whethers will be $75 for one of $50 when bought in pairs or as a companion to a doe. At this point all bucklings will be whethered. I may consider selling a buck from one of these pairs to the right farm. Open to trades, just ask!

2. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Small world!!! I own Porsche's full brother. His name is Gobi and he is a gorgeous buckling who bred three of my does at the ripe young age of 6 months. (Not bad for a little guy.) He looks quite a bit like your Porsche -- he is so beautifully long and level, with a great angularity and rump in back -- but his buckskin is lighter and broken with extensive white. Little freckled face on my fella :) He's at a friend's farm right now and I miss him, he has the sweetest personality too.

I bet Porsche is even more beautiful in person (when you can feel those nice bones through the winter fuzz)! I would love to see udder shots when she freshens -- I can't wait to see what kind of kids her brother sires.

Anyway, sorry that was off-topic, but I guess what I'm saying is... reserve one of Porsche's kids now! She has pretty amazing genetics from both sire and dam, or at least I think so. :)

3. pennylullabelle

Oh my you got him!? He is stunning isn't he...if he had been a doe...I'd own sisters right now. I was at Castle Rock on Saturday and played with him a lot. He's so silly - I can talk to him and go "rut rut rut rut" and he gets all excited and cocks his head like a dog. But yes, extremely good genetics on these two. Just perfectly conformed so far. Not a thing about them I don't like. I can't wait to see her freshen and to show her!

4. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Actually, I got the other brother! I brought Gobi home as a bottle baby in May or June. I've heard from a couple of people who very nearly bought that brother (the one you played with), it sounds like it was a very good set of triplets there. Sitka is such a beautiful buck... and Infinity's record speaks for itself!

5. pennylullabelle

Oh ok! Well, either way, yes they are a stunning set of kids. I told myself if the other brother wasn't sold when I went back to visit I'd buy him. He was sold though! Infinity is my favorite doe of Sarah's with Raven and Sky tied for second, Sara and Alum 3rd. So, I am thrilled to have her daughter! And Sitka is just an added bonus :)

6. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Yes, Infinity is a great doe... she is getting up there in age now but it's amazing how well her udder has held up over the years! Still so nicely attached, with a strong medial and of course oodles of capacity. All the does you mentioned are great. I also love Blue Moon, and when I went to Castle Rock I actually was planning on buying a buckling out of her, but then I couldn't resist Gobi. (Sarah thought he'd make a better herd sire too -- she'd already kept the best buckling out of Moon.) Castle Rock has great goats! I love that they're solid milkers... and stylish too.

Looking forward to hearing how your Porsche does! I'm sure she will have gorgeous kids, you must post pics. Have you decided when to breed her yet? That looks like a really good pairing with Courageous.

I don't want to distract from your thread but here's a little photo of Gobi, taken quite a while ago (unfortunately he's pretty fuzzy so you can't see his topline, and he's lengthened out even more since then)... I wanted to show you and then I can delete it so the post stays focused on your goats :)

Attached Files:

• Gobi.jpg
      Gobi.jpg
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  7. pennylullabelle

Oh you don't have to delete it! He's very handsome, maybe someone will see him and want a Porsche daughter ;) All three have that awesome loving face with the "puffy" cheeks. I love their expressions. They got that from Infinity :) Porsche is growing fast and weighs about 36 lbs...it's not an exact weight because I get on the scale with her, weigh, get off, weigh myself, and subtract...Anyways, I am thinking Feb or March. Porsche is my baby, I don't know how I'll let her kids go! But I am torn on keeping any this freshening. But she is always with me, even when there is grain - she doesn't care, if I walk away, she comes with me. She will do just about anything I ask and I adore her disposition. I will keep daughters and possibly...depending on her udder and mature conformation...my next herdsire.

I agree, Blue Moon would be a good choice for a buck kid. I haven't met the buck she kept from him he was being used by another farm, but his dam has produced some AMAZING daughters so I definitely see why Sarah kept one from her.

I would LOVE to use him next season if you're allowing outside does to breed to him! I'd pay or do a swap, if you were interested in Courageous. I'll be living in the Sacramento area by then so it'll be pretty easy to pull off.

8. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I would definitely be interested in a swap! I'm a big fan of trading. And Sacramento area is pretty close, as long as you don't hit traffic. (When I went to Castle Rock to pick up my goats, it was the end of a 3-day weekend. BAD idea... it took me like 4 hours to get home... going 10mph on the freeway the whole time with bottle baby Gobi screaming his head off with every single breath he took...)

How you described Porsche sounds a lot like Gobi's personality. He just wants to be around me all the time, and not in an annoying pushy way like some of my does... he just follows and stays close by. He's such a sweetheart I almost wished he was a wether so he wouldn't ever get stinky and could always be my baby :) But of course he's too good to be wethered... So instead he's just my stinky baby.

Excited to hear you're moving to the Sacramento area, and hopefully I'll get to meet you in person sometime!

9. pennylullabelle

Not sure if you knew, but Sarah just lost Moon :( I'm not sure what happened yet, but I fell so awful for her.

10. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Oh no that's terrible! I didn't hear.... gosh that's awful.

11. pennylullabelle

Sarah is doing okay, that she is sad for the loss.

I was there today and reserved a buck kid from Infinity. She kidded with 3 bucks and 1 doe by Sitka! My new buck kid is colored ALOT like yours. I'm very excited.