The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I noticed Yoko being more sensitive about me touching her teats. And the texture felt different, too. Almost, leathery. I thought she was chapped, so I kept her greased up with bag balm after we were all done and her teats were dipped. Well, today, I just realized she must've have gotten her udder sunburned! Why? It is peeling! Like when a human gets a sunburn that is in the process of healing. She feels a lot better today, too. Now I realize that I should have been putting aloe on her poor udder, rather than bag balm. The skin underneath the peeled areas is soft and smooth again.

Can I...use sunscreen on her udder? Like, after the morning milking, rub in some sunscreen in? What do you think would be better, spray, or lotion type? SPF? Or should I use a baby sunblock, which is zinc or titanium oxide.

She is a fair colored goat. Mostly white with gold dapples. Her nose has some pigment. But her udder and lady bits are free of it, just pink skin.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes, you can put sunblock on her. Zinc is great for them, get something unscented so that she doesn't lick anything toxic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts