sunscreen?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, Mar 19, 2011.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My Elwood is shedding bad and has loss a lot of hair on his back, can I use human sunscreen on him.......as I just looked out the window and he is laying right in the sun!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You sure can!! I used it on pink little piggy backs when I bottle raised a few.

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks Pam and Liz......just went to good old Dollar General and bought some childrens....smells so good! I don't know why he has shed out to the point that his hair is so thin, but new peach fuz is already coming in.......we had to make him a coat for tonight as it will be really cold. Bones did the same thing, but he also had a case of mites....where Elwoods skin is baby soft and no signs of lice or mites, but we treated all 3 boys just in case......Bones is doing great and his hair is already filling in and skin is clearing.
    Ok....I'll quit rambling!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Ramble all you want ...we understand.... :wink: :thumb:

6. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I put sunscreen on my white girls during the summer, they got a little burned, so I had to put some on everyday :)

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I know how you feel about the sparse coat...Bailey has shed out her winter fluff and her coat is now thin and sparse, no bugs and I think it's hormones with her because she never did this til she started to become a mom a year ago.
    She's comfy in her stall with deep bedding and her baby so I know she's warm.