Sunset Lake Ranch Breeding page is up!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I finally got the majority of my breeding page up today. I haven't done each goats personal page as of yet with the more in depth detail, but the old pages are still up and running.

If you are interested in a reservation, please let me know. If it is someone from here, we can "talk" about the $25.00 reservation fee. I did this as the reservation list was sooooo long last year, so when kids were born, it would take about 5-10 emails till I got to someone still wanting a goat - and I don't want to deal with that again.

BTW - I LOVE to trade! Trade for other goats, blackbelly sheep, horse tack, who knows what else :)

2. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Looks really nice. Joe still cracks me up!

Are black belly sheep good for wool or are they mainly meat sheep?

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    really nice allison! LOL you should come do mine . . .

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    He He - thanks Piccolo - Alot of people have issues with links to Jeffers - they have a tendency to mess with it. I will fix it - thanks!

Talitha - Maybe once I get mine complete (not anywhere near where I want it at the moment) then we can talk and I'll see about helping you out :)

Rebelshope - Blackbelly are not good for wool because they don't have any - ever. LOL! They are a short hair, non shedding sheep. They are a meat / trophy sheep. Originally they were called Barbados - but when they were brought to America, they were really liked for sport trophy hunting but the males did not have horns. So they cross bred them with a domesticated American sheep to give the males their HUGE horns that are just gorgeous. They horned ones became American Blackbelly Sheep. We just picked up our first one from the butcher today! Can't wait to try it tommorrow for dinner! i LOVE lamb!

5. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Kelebek who DOESNT love lamb?!?!?!

Maybe when I come over we can have a sheep for dinner ;)

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Heck yes! We are building a rotisory (sp??) out at the firpit where we can roast a whole lamb if we wanted or just a leg of lamb! I can't wait I am so excited!

7. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    i have one of those for my barbeque xD

whole lamb or you probably wont even see it once me and my step dad are into it xD

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Alaskaboers -were you just playing on my website??? LOL!

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I see you are having fun on my guestbook piccolo!!! LOL!

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Other than leg of lamb and lamb chops what else do you eat on a lamb?

My mom used to make the best dish we called lamb goop. It is basically a tomato sauce with a little Worcestershire sauce and lamb in chunks. Then she served it over rice. SO good.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sounds good Rebelshope.

I make lamb stew, lamb steaks, lamb chops, leg of lamb, roasts, backstrap... you name it. Even ground lamb (mix that with ground beef for hamburgers - yummy!)

It was about a 9 month old lamb we took in and we got about 30 or so pounds of meat off of him. To have the butcher kill, cut, and wrap him it cost us $92.00 but that is still cheaper then if we bought beed in the store and we get homegrown no vaccinations or chemical yummy lamb!