Sunset Lake Ranch - Snow White - day 143 - new pics - pg 2

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Feb 15, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    not the best - but 125 days - almost time for my first kidding this year!!!!! Udder really isn't there to much - but teats are plumping through the hair.

It is a mud pit - so goaties really didn't want to come outside - but I got a couple pics of her. Her cha cha is REALLY starting to pretrude out - which I don't remember happening previously - so lets hope that means more then a single!

Snow will be available for sale after weening - please contact me if interested - she is super sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Sunset Lake Ranch - Snow White - day 125

As deep as the pretty girl is...she could be giving you triplets for your first delivery of the year!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

oh Liz - I LOVE you - but twins I would be so happy with. Last year she gave me a single buckling - Hemi.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

LOL...Sorry Allison, but she is a long and deep girl.....betcha she has 3 in there! :kidred: :kidred: :kidblue:

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Always exciting when it gets closer, and especially the first for the season!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yes - I am so excited for these kids. Last year I bred this buck to two does - both came back preg + however - come time - NEITHER delivered and neither was pregnant - grrrr - so I never got any kids from the Buck.

I no longer have the buck as he was Genotype tested and is now part of a Scrapie research project with WSU - I am so excited to have contributed animals to this very needed research (don't worry - he is a breeder buck - not for the "studying")..... anyway - more info to come on that hopefully soon!

So these babies are pretty special to me and have to hold me over until the end of April when the explosion of babies starts!

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I hope she gives you more than a single...she is a very pretty girl and if you were closer I would soo take her! :)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

very pretty doe... :love: she should give you great looking kids..... :greengrin:

9. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL

She's a very pretty doe! It is so hard to wait....mine are not due until the end of march. But a friend of mine down the road has been having some babies so I have been helping her.....It is hard to believe they were ever that tiny!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Snow day 131 - sorry about the quality of pics - the sun was going down and I had to take them with my phone... but at least I can watch her a bit closer now :) I would REALLY like a [baby_girl] so all the [baby_girl] thoughts ossible would be great!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Sunset Lake Ranch - Snow White - day 131 - new pics

I did look at her pics from last year - and she is definately wider across the top and deeper - so really really hoping for twins

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:kidred: :kidred: :pray: :hug:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Snow is now on day 143 - and udder is growing. Her ligs are starting to get softer and she is a bit more standoffish, yet wanting loves at the same time. She is not pushing her way into the alfalfa like normal, so I know that things are changing for her.

I am sure hoping for babies this weekend so that I don't have to worry about it next weekend - but we will see how it goes!!!

New pics coming this afternoon when I get home!

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Re: Sunset Lake Ranch - Snow White - day 143 - update

oh! I'm thinking 2-3 kids. :kidred: :kidblue: :kidred:

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I hope so, Katrina, but we will see .... I can not really feel much in there - but she is building and udder. The buck that she is bred to is a carrier of two "special" genes that they are thinking protects goats from Scrapie - and he is in their breeding program now at WSU - so I am excited that he bred my girl before he left. This will be the only breeding from him with my farm name - so I am REALLY hoping for a doeling

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Day 143 -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting ready to headbutt Legacy

[​IMG]

17. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I think she's gonna make you wait.....and suffer for shaving her udder!

I hope she has :kidred: :kidred: in there!

18. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Looking good. :thumbup: Hopefully she'll have them the day you want at the time that's good for you- :roll: yeh like that's going to happen.

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    well - we are doing good today!!!! Day 144 and udder is getting pretty darn tight - teats are starting to plump - and ligs are pretty well mush ---- Come on Snow - you can DO IT!!! LOL!

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Snows gonna have little "snow balls" soon!!! :leap: Hoping for a healthy happy delivery!