SUPER ECSTATIC!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, May 6, 2009.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I took Bonnie Blue to see my vet today just for a general "healthy baby" exam and she has tearing eyes....well, after a thorough exam and a very thorough exam as well as staining of her eyes, checking the third eyelid etc...se has blocked tear ducts! Nothing major according to my vet and they will likely be fine as she grows. And a CLEAR FECAL :leap: So I was commended on having a good cocci and parasite prevention as well as having " a beautifully made nigi doeling, conformation is perfect" this quoted from the Dr. I am THRILLED! And Bonnie was a perfect little lady, even when Dr Hess was checking her eyes. And this 7 week and 3 days old doeling weighs 17 lbs 4 oz..... and all of this only cost me $40.

Sorry....was and still am really happy over this just HAD to tell someone!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well that is very exciting :)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :leap: congrats........that is very good news....you are a very good goat momma.....and deserve to be commended.........great job :hug: :greengrin:

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    CONGRATS :clap: Liz.....Nothing like getting a thumbs up from the vet and knowing that your 4-legged babies (big and little) are healthy! :clap:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :thumb: that's wondeful! to know that all of your hard work and love is paying off!!! :greengrin:

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Congrats!!! :wahoo:

So please share your cocci and parasite prevention plan! :)

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I feel great...my head is still "big" :ROFL:

Cocci prevention....ALL does got DiMethox preventive doses acording to weight for a week and then 1 dose a week for weeks, this started 5 weeks before the babies were due, thus preventing the shedding of the cocci oocysts( according to Dr Hess)
    Kids started on the same at 3 weeks for 1 week and then once a week til they leave.

Worming is with the ivercare paste in the spring and in the fall and of course after the does deliver BUT I have had fecals done before hand so I know the numbers are managed.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: ...thumbs up .. :thumbup: ..from the vet is a real good thing.....keep up the good work...your goats are very lucky to have you..... :wink: :hug: :greengrin: :thumbup:

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great!!!!

10. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    CONGRATS

Suellen

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Wonderful news! It's great to get such a positive report, when you know you're providing the best care. :wahoo: do soak it up and enjoy!!!

12. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! :stars:

13. Candy

Candy New Member

YEA, Liz :leap: :cool: :dance: :wahoo: I always knew you were good with your goaties! :applaud: :applaud:
    Candy :sun:

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :oops: Thanks guys! I love'm all a whole lot and it would really pain me to see anything happen to them that is very much preventable :love:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your very welcome Liz.....like I said before..........great job.......... :leap:

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So you give them ivercare paste after kidding - how much do you give?

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do triple my girls weights for dosing and using a 3 cc syringe I know that 2 1/2 cc is for a 500# horse dose.....tripling the weights on my girls gets me close to the 250# horse dose...so they get 2 cc of the paste....babies get 1/2 cc at 6 weeks then again 10 days later. It's hard to figure a dose for tripling kid weight so I feel safe giving them 1/2 cc. Since it's best to overdose than under dose and it won't hurt them I'd rather go with this amount.

Also, Dr Hess had told me that she had been seeing some resistance to the ivermectins in her herd of sheep so she is going with the pyrantal wormers, but til I have a resistence here, I'm to stick with what works til then.