Superbowl?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Cinder, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Anyone going to be watching today? We are, but since the Broncos aren't in it, we'll actually be watching for the commercials and not the game. :) That's the only TV show I can say that we actually record just to watch commercials ... we always fast forward through them the rest of the year.

We like the Steelers but they've already won so many Superbowls that we are rooting for the Cardinals... they've never won it.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo - a fellow Broncos fan!! My whole family is GreenBay except me! But that is ok!

I won't be watching the game though, as I have homework to do for my college classes :(

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yup - I am actualy late for our family superbowl party (getting a goat bred took priority :slapfloor: )

The Cardinals beat the Eagles -- so I dont know but I do love to route for the underdogs :clap:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep, we're watching!! Can't wait! Routin for the Steelers!! :stars:

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

We're watching....well kinda i had to work until four. I came home to a house full of people. Some good food though. Im not a big football fan. Someone is yelling touchdown from inside my bathroom....
    beth

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am in the loft trying to do homework, taking tests and studying and they wont quit screaming. Needless to say - I didn't get the grade I wanted on my test :cry:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :stars: Steelers win!!! That was such a good game! Wow, that was close!

Hey Allison, sorry to hear bout your test. :hug:

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I got tired of the game and came home.

9. deenak

deenak Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    THe last hour was the best part!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I didnt even watch the first part - I was fixing my sisters nails (the nail tech that did them needs to work on straight lines!) and then I watched Burn Notice on my Ipod. Ate food before during and after all that and then took my grandmom home. :D

No one was really into the game as my Aunt and Uncle are worried about their son and my parents have gone through simular situation with my sister so my mom was talking to her sister (my aunt) and my dad was talking to my Uncle (my aunts husband) and my one other cousin wasnt there so it was kind of a blah event :( But it was nice to see my BIL and sister as well as my cousin who lives next door but I never see :doh: :scratch: :wave: and of course we vowed to make an effort to see one another though our schedules dont seem to match up.

11. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Superbowl :?

American Sports xD

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes the final game of the NFL (national football league) where two teams face off to decide who gets the trophy and the ring.

Of course this is american football. :wink:

13. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    lol a bit of grid iron!

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I will tell you young ladies what my mother told me, "Cultivate and interest in football, it's irritating listening to women complain because their husbands watch football (insert any sport), and HALF-TIME can be fun!" I was 15 at the time. Did not even know what "first and 10" meant. But, I learned, and now I can speak fluent, football, baseball, basketball and tennis. You will have to learn anyway, if you want to be able to talk to your sons.

That said :leap: :leap: :stars: :stars: Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers! AGAIN!

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I absolutely love football - but not when I have so much homework....

Since we haven't had TV at our house for almost a year - it was really really hard for me to know that they were watching regular channels and not a movie - talk about distracting.... and already in 1 night they are back to not getting off of their butts and doing what is supposed to be because "the show is back on". Man I miss not having TV at the house already!

16. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I have never watched football and have no plan to. And neither has any of my immediate family, aside from maybe my sister. The only 'sports' that are really watched in my family are billards, and a few other odds and ends in there that aren't always considered sports.

17. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Didn't watch it but my parent's did and my 1st nephew was born befre the game too!