The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would y'all suggest I have on hand at all times as supplies as a goat kit? As far as type of meds wormers ect... I do have iron power, ivomec plus, safeguard, probiotic plus paste, dura mucin-10, naxcel and LA 200. Is their anything else I should have on hand?

· Registered
457 Posts
Iron 200 in case of an anemic goat and electrolytes to help with weakness if there is a sickness. I would also have Baycox on hand in case of Cocci because it is a killer and will take down your herd quickly. You can order it on horseprerace.com

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iron 200 in case of an anemic goat and electrolytes to help with weakness if there is a sickness. I would also have Baycox on hand in case of Cocci because it is a killer and will take down your herd quickly. You can order it on horseprerace.com
Great Thank you! I do keep Gatorade just in case an I do have honey and molasses.

· Super Moderator
16,973 Posts
Nope no vet. You can get it threw feed store tractor supply or any livestock supply co. Also want to add CD ANTITOXIN ......its not the same as the vaccine its what you give as the cure. I give it to anyone who has any kind of stomach issue.....you should be able to get this at the above places as well :)

· Registered
199 Posts
Nope no vet. You can get it threw feed store tractor supply or any livestock supply co. Also want to add CD ANTITOXIN ......its not the same as the vaccine its what you give as the cure. I give it to anyone who has any kind of stomach issue.....you should be able to get this at the above places as well :)
Good deal I like that, Tsc here I come!!
I do have the CD Antitoxin already
Thank you.

· Registered
625 Posts
What would y'all suggest I have on hand at all times as supplies as a goat kit? As far as type of meds wormers ect... I do have iron power, ivomec plus, safeguard, probiotic plus paste, dura mucin-10, naxcel and LA 200. Is their anything else I should have on hand?
Word to the wise, you end up going thru the probio paste pretty quickly-- much better to get the lb powder tub (its like $12for a thousand doses )-- just mix it into peanut butter(or yogurt in case of upset tummy) for ease of administration-- I use the Goats Prefer brand from TSC...
that has so many uses and its what I have used the most so far...

· Registered
199 Posts
Word to the wise, you end up going thru the probio paste pretty quickly-- much better to get the lb powder tub (its like $12for a thousand doses )-- just mix it into peanut butter(or yogurt in case of upset tummy) for ease of administration-- I use the Goats Prefer brand from TSC...
that has so many uses and its what I have used the most so far...
Well I did good then.
I bought the tub today :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.