The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this year has been hectic! Sorry for the long post
So a little back story. June 18th I had 3 bucks all had aprons on, they were in the girls pen so I didn't have to move 2 pens every 2 days, 2 of my does (Hazle and Cappa) went into heat at the same time, one I wasn't planning to breed this year (Hazle), and the other was a doe who lost her baby at 110 days gestation and was only 21 days postpartum(Cappa). The older buck was beating up the younger bucks so he was moved to a tie out. I ended up selling 1 buck and buying a different buck. So on June 18th, I started tracking heats, July 9th both does go into heat again(I'm pretty sure!) but that's the last time I see one of the does go into heat definitively (Hazle), the other doe was like clockwork every 21 days she had a heat.
The doe that I didn't want to breed this year I ended up deciding to breed in September for February babies, But she was never receptive to the buck, but the buck said she was in heat and wanted to breed, so I tied up the doe so she couldn't bash the buck and he had 2 fall offs before I let her go.
About 2 weeks ago I noticed she was starting to bag up and her vulva was poofy but nither buck was interested in her, I just thought she was showing signs of pregnancy REALLY early on.
So today I was out with the goats and she went to lay down and she started groaning (Like some does do in later pregnancy) I thought maybe she had an upset stomach. My sister was feeling her belly to be sure her rumen was active and she felt 2 firm soft lumps about 5 inches apart. They felt like abscesses inside of her. I was about to call the vet and ask what could be done,
when my sister says "Their moving!!!" me "Wait what????" my sister "Their babies!?!" me "she's not far enough along to feel them move" My sister "Well then feel and tell me what you think!"
And sure enough, they are babies!!! So now beggs the question "Whos the father!"

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So here are the possible sires!
My handsome boy Oaky (Really hoping it was him or the new guy)
IMG_1081.JPG

The one I sold Jasper
IMG_1143.JPG

The new Guy Elm
IMG_1151.JPG

Or Country Boy (aka Fish eyes!) I'm pretty sure it wasn't him because he had no contact with her after June 18th.
IMG_0824.JPG
IMG_0827.JPG

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not long to wait now! How is your weather in early December?

Be sure to get some selenium in her!
December is a very wet cold, I will be bottle feeding the babies in the house and milking Hazle. She has been getting a selenium supplement in her fodder.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
Her udder and size is right on par with my current does due Nov 7....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So one thing I forgot to mention was that her last 2 kiddings were in December. So I have some pictures of her last year while she was pregnant with twin girls at around this time. The first 2 pictures are from October 2018 the last 2 are from November 2018.
IMG_9906.JPG
IMG_9907.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Shes looking prego! Are we having a guessing birthdate game? Im guessing Dec 7 by the guy who tied her up..lol lol We will find out soon! All the bucks look really nice...so either one...your a winner!:kid2::kid::storkgirl::storkboy::stork:...
Baby picture!!! Cant wait!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts