Surprise due date... Nocturne kidded!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Laurel_Haven, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I haven't been on lately, I have been busy trying to get ready for my upcoming kiddings about to unfold. I thought I had another week or more but... Much to my surprise I discovered Nocturne going into labor yesterday. I thought that isn’t right because she isn’t due until March 10th? I got Nocturne as a bred doe and that is the due date her breeder gave me. But apparently it was wrong because it wasn’t two hours later that she blessed us with triplets (2 bucks & 1 doe). She did very well for a FF and is a very good momma.

The two bucks were born first, they are of normal size and doing VERY well. The doeling was born last and is so tiny compared to her littermate brothers. She couldn’t stand or nurse. It was touch-n-go all night, we brought her in the house to warm her up, got colostrum from Nocturne and fed her after many failed attempts. We syringe fed her every couple of hours until we finally got her nursing on her dam with assistance. Today she is standing and nursing on her own, although we are making sure of it too by holding her on the teat at times, but she is just doing so much better in 24 hours. I really think she is going to make it! Last night I wasn’t so sure. To look at her, she just seemed to small and weak. But I have much hope today. She may be tiny but she is a fighter.

So here are the babies!
    (Rosasharn HB Nocturne x Kids Corral CVF Triumph)

First buckling born...
    [​IMG]

Second buckling (looks just like his sire)...
    [​IMG]

And last born the doeling (looks identical to her dam, pure black with not a single white hair to be found)
    [​IMG]

This picture shows just how small this doeling is compared to her brothers.
    [​IMG]

And just a cute pic of mom with baby...
    [​IMG]

Nocturne and her mini me... LOL
    [​IMG]

2. capi71

capi71 New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jasper, Georgia
    CONGRATS!!! What cuities!! That little girl is so tiny and lucky to have two great Moms!! :wink:
    :stars:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are beautiful.... :love:
    For the little doeling .....give her some nutra drench daily ....until she gets strong....
    give her a shot of bo-se to.....that may be why she is weak.... :wink:

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I love that second buckling! I hope the baby girl gets stronger, sounds like you are doing you're best. :love: :thumbup:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    What beautiful babies!! Congrats!!! :cool: I'm getting excited for your girlies to kid. :D :clap:

6. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Oh! Congrats! They're all adorable! :stars:

7. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Those three are wonderful early surprises. Glad you were there to take of the little girl, she's got the best two moms now.

Congats!

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! Glad it all went smoothly with the delivery, ie you being there and all. Hope your little precious doeling does great! :boy: :boy: :girl:

9. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Congratulations they are little dolls.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the triplets!! Thank goodness you were there to help the doeling!!

Hope she does well for you!

11. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Many congrats! They are all ADORABLE!!! And you are right, she is a tiny little bit of a thing, but she is SOOOOOOO precious and beautiful just like mommy...

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    WOW!! They are GORGEOUS!!! Keep us posted on them, and I hope the little girl hangs in there for you! :leap:

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Gorgeous babies...CONGRATULATIONS :stars: That little doe is sooooo BLACK!!! She has some flashy brothers but wow is she something :love:

14. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Thanks so much everyone! :grouphug:

Momma and babies are doing very well today. The little doeling amazes me that she is even here. She is by far the smallest kid ever born here. I didn't give her much hope when she was born. But she has such a will to survive and is holding her own at the moment. She gets right in there now to nurse. Pushes her brothers right off the teat for her turn. She may be tiny but has a huge personality.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my the girl is just precious and to hear of her personality :love: I love love love black goats to bad you are so far away if you are selling her :(