The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point in a pregnancy will a doe start to bag up? The reason I ask is, I have a doe with an enlarging udder, and I didn't think she was pregnant. We had taken her to a friend's farm back in April when we thought she was in heat. We left her there for a week, and our friend said he never saw any indications that she accepted his buck. But now with her bag looking fuller, I'm wondering if she snuck one past him.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I guess their all different. :) ours usually start bagging up a little a month from kidding, but I think we've had some that didn't till they were three weeks or so away.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
I bought my pregnant goat in mid Feb, and she had a small udder going already (she was a FF). she had her baby mid-April..... hope that helps.

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't recall exactly when in April we took her to visit, but I'm guessing it would be about 10 weeks ago. I'll take a pic and another one in a week or so for comparison. Thanks for that good idea!

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, here's Molly as of today:

·
1,524 Posts
I've had them start getting udder development at 3 months. Some bucks will not breed if people are watching, that may be the case with your girl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts