susie's due date unknown

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by minibarn, Jul 26, 2010.

1. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    i've had susie almost 2 months. her former owner said she's bred for middle of august. she's had a visible udder at least 3 weeks now. how soon do you think she'll kid and how many? they said she's had twins & triplets the last 2 times. also, her hiney was pink when we got her and after having pasture access about a month it had turned black. we also got her daughter & 2 kids and their pink hineys all turned black. they had a stall in a barn and were never outside till they came here. we kept them inside the first month but now the second month they've been allowed out to pasture. is this normal? what would cause the color to change?

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Another pretty girl! Well, the color change would be due to the fact that they are getting outside...it's healthy.
    Her due date sounds about right for her udder size, it will get MUCH bigger when she kids...and I think she'll have 2 in there.

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Very pretty girl indeed! I agree, I think there is at least two in there!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree.....very pretty... and 2 in there.. :wink: :greengrin:

5. glenolam

glenolam New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Canterbury, CT
    Yeah - definitely 2 or 3 in that full belly! Just keep watching her for discharge and signs of stretching/zoning out, etc. Good luck!

6. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    ya, i expect she'll keep me waiting another 3 weeks. i just can't help getting excited when i see her udder growing each week and lumps moving in her belly! i'm planning to keep any doelings she has so hopefully all girls! :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: ???

7. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    we have kids!!! :kidred: :kidblue: susie kidded this aft while we were gone! this morning i thot she might kid in another day or 2 because her udder looked a little tighter than before but still not much bigger than the pic in 1st post, so this is a great surprise! she has a healthy girl & boy but the 3rd kid was dead(at birth i assume). that was another boy. wonder if i could have helped if i'd been there. :shrug: still pleased with the 2 we have. will post pics in announcements asap.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow how awesome - congrats :leap:

Sorry about the DOA though :(

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats with your new kiddo's...... :leap: :thumb:

sorry for the loss.... :(