The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share this pic. I love this old girl!

Our sweet Ruby is going to be 10 years old in a few weeks. She's certainly had her ups and downs though the years. Some may remember the post I put up about sweet Ruby, HERE , about the trials we've had to go through with this doe. Ruby is living the easy life now, and although she's losing her teeth she's been managing well with some help.

Ruby, you've been worth it!
IMG_5763 - Copy.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I just had to share this pic. I love this old girl!

Our sweet Ruby is going to be 10 years old in a few weeks. She's certainly had her ups and downs though the years. Some may remember the post I put up about sweet Ruby, HERE , about the trials we've had to go through with this doe. Ruby is living the easy life now, and although she's losing her teeth she's been managing well with some help.

Ruby, you've been worth it!
View attachment 166753
Happy happy almost eviction day sweet ruby! Thank you for blessing carla with many years of love and devotion! And thank you for blessing me with my silly goofy lovable jade girl!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Wow! I just her story! That's so cool that you could help her out! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY:birthday1: You are such a strong girl!!

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
DB3F9E18-79C7-4FD0-A011-8F66D417338D.jpeg
Awe! Happy Birthday sweet Ruby! (Ps, I'm very partial to that name! I just named my daughter that three months ago!) Do you still have any kids from her? Are/were they as sweet as their momma?
I have one of her kids....well she is two now :). She came to us this summer. This is black jade... aka mrs naughty, mrs nibbler, mrs goofy silly noobian..... and in spring she will be a ff. Her kids should be lil powerhouse f1 mini nubians with great lines on both sides. We are SO excited! I am not sure if paul and i are more excited or carla and her family are more excited to see what our jade gifts us with! And YES she is absolutely adorable and wonderful!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone :)
Ruby really is the best Nubian you could ask for. I'm not a Nubian person in general but my, Ruby and her daughters are just special goats!
Poor girl was in a mood tonight though. She's in heat and just want the boys so bad. Had to tell her that's a big NOPE (rofl)

Awe! Happy Birthday sweet Ruby! (Ps, I'm very partial to that name! I just named my daughter that three months ago!) Do you still have any kids from her? Are/were they as sweet as their momma?
That's so sweet!

Sadly we had to do a massive herd reduction (as in selling 30+ goats) and her daughters and our breeding buck were all sold. Not what we wanted, but that's life. I couldn't be happier with where they went though! @Sfgwife and Jade are just up the road from us! She's in the best home EVER! So she's still "in the family" so to speak. :inlove: The other doe went to dear friend in Indiana :) I DO miss them though.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Thanks everyone :)
Ruby really is the best Nubian you could ask for. I'm not a Nubian person in general but my, Ruby and her daughters are just special goats!
Poor girl was in a mood tonight though. She's in heat and just want the boys so bad. Had to tell her that's a big NOPE (rofl)

That's so sweet!

Sadly we had to do a massive herd reduction (as in selling 30+ goats) and her daughters and our breeding buck were all sold. Not what we wanted, but that's life. I couldn't be happier with where they went though! @Sfgwife and Jade are just up the road from us! She's in the best home EVER! So she's still "in the family" so to speak. :inlove: The other doe went to dear friend in Indiana :) I DO miss them though.
You can come visit our girl any time you wanna! And i say our girl.... you, me, josie, ana and paul. Hahahhaha! She has this man so wrapped round her lil hoof it is HILARIOUS! Today when dr john came i thought i would DIE of watchin him (paul) tryin be ever so gentle gettin her on the milkstand to get her st out. He was talkin all this sweet nothings to her. And he eventually picked her up.... all hunk of goat. Then he had rub her and tell her how he knew it was new and she didnt like him pickin her up...... oye! He cooed at her the whole time john was pullin st. Do you need more food baby girl. Do you like my rubbin your ears now sweetie. Oh you want ANOTHER piece of apple...... he was TERRIBLE! Lol! Jade was like dude i just wanna eat this grain you got in front of me cause mama dont give me grain only Dumb alfalfa pellet. she made a few noises and omg! He was just terrible terrible lol!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
We do need to have a get together at some point :)

That’s so sweet about Paul and Jade. I wonder if John remembers Ruby. I really helped us get her feet back in shape, the wraps he recommended were amazing! I’m still amazed at that lovely stitch job. LOL He did a phenomenal job!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And yes, she is spoiled rotten. Just don’t pretend you are so innocent! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts