The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone, has anyone ever seen a swollen jaw on a goat? Meet Penny, just noticed this afternoon my 6 years old PB French Apline doe seems to have developped a swollen jaw. See pics. I palpatated it and it is swollen a bit but it is soft, not hard. She doesnt flinch when pressing anywhere on her jaw or around the immediate area so it does not appear to be painful. She did have a rough bout of cooccidia 2 months ago and was treated with Corid along with the rest of the herd. She is still a bit skinny but but eating and appears to be feeling well. No other symptoms that weve noticed so far. Her poos are ok(ish). She needed two rounds of Corid which was pretty hard on her stomach and beleive she is still recovering from that. Everyones else's poos are good.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good morning everyone, thank you all for the advice. You all seem to be on the same page without contradictions which is nice in these situations. I only had half a dose left of ivermectin in the bottle last night. On my way to the farm store shortly.

The swelling is bit worst this morning and she did not get up right away when we went to do our chores and check up on her.

Ill do the following and check back in with a status:

- a combination dewormer for 5 days, same dose once a day, probiotics twice a day, and red cell once a day.

Tjanks again, you guys are the best!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We wormed and gave her all the supplements that were recommended above and she is doing remarkably better. We havent done a fecal yet as i needed Epsum salt which we did not have in our town... very odd! We live on an island and vets are unreasonably expensive so weve learned how to do fecals ourselves... which needs epsum salt for the solution. Anyway, shes not in immediate danger anymore and will do the fecal shortly. Ill post the findings after.

Thank you all for the help, you are all amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts