The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a big 4 yr old boer Nanny that is limping. Her knees seem swollen and she does not want to go out and eat with the herd. What should I do?

·
Super Moderator
58,925 Posts
Both her front knees? Has she been tested for CAE? You can give her a shot of Banamine to help with the inflammation but you will need to find out the cause.

·
Super Moderator
58,925 Posts
I would start with testing for CAE. You could use something like B-L Solution on a daily basis to help with pain.

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
agree..its hard thing to see them suffer once CAE begins to show its self...in the mean time until you know..you can give her a daily aspirin, add flax seed and MSM to her feed ration..to help with inflamation...cool water run help reduce heat and swelling..just let a hose run over her knees..

flax at the grocery store...in the baking isle
MSM is for horses..Tractor supply carries it as will any horse supply store

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I agree, I would test her for CAE and go from there. If she is arthritic and in pain the best thing would be to put her in the freezer (or just put her to sleep if you don't want to eat her). Also wouldn't hurt to look at her feet, if her hooves are overgrown it could cause her to be walking differently and add more strain to her knees/legs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts