Swollen shoulder

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Jul 30, 2020.

1. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    My goats love rotting wood. Just make sure the fence posts don't have chemicals in them.
    Red cell should only be 6 cc per 100 pounds. And only until you see color return to her eye lids.

2. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ok I’ll cut back on red cell. Should I give it this evening? Also maybe another b complex?

3. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    With her getting 15 cc of red cell last night..i would hold off tonight. B complex daily never hurts.

4. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    red cell is once a day for a week then once a week..how many days has she been on it? And always 15 cc??

toth boer goats likes this.
  5. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    This was the first time this morning. I’ll give 4ml in the morning. (65 pounds) keep with the other I gave her also, probiotics, alfalfa slurry, b complex shot, MOM and Browse.

happybleats likes this.
  6. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    This evenings temp 102.7f, I fed alfalfa purée but she wasn’t crazy about it. Gave MOM and redcell, cayenne rub, one shot of B Complex. She ate a fair amount of grass I pulled for her and a few leaves. I found out she likes grape vine leaves also. Her poop I saw in pen was pellets stuck together. This morning was like mud pie, so that maybe shaping up. There is feed in her through I may need to throw out and put in fresh. I thought about letting her go to pasture to browse but I may have a time catching her right now. I’ll watch her a couple more days. Do I need to give 2 shot of B Complex , one morning and one evening or just one a day or none?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    happybleats likes this.
  7. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Sounds like she is starting to feel better. B complex once a day is perfect. I would remove any grain until she is back to her old self. Its hard to digest on a good day..so right now she may not digest it well. .good job!

8. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Alfalfa ok to give?

happybleats likes this.
  9. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
  10. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    This evening I only gave her some probotics, redcell, MOM, and some Alfalfa slurry with some ho-made yogurt mixed into it (about 4 tablespoons) and cayenne mix. She had not eaten much alfalfa pellets but had spread them out in her trough. I had placed them on one end of a 36 inch goat trough and they were spread from one end to the other. I had hung branches from willow tree, grape vines, mulberry, American hazel nut and pecan over her trough and a bundle of grass she likes in one end of trough. The limbs were all pull out of the clips and some eaten on and laying on the ground in front of trough. She had a real buffet today. I didn’t get a temp because she was active and ready to eat what I had brought her. She ate leaves and grass and was sampling what I had brought her when I left. I had added a little hay also and she ate a little of it today. I saw her urinate this evening so I know she is drinking some water. I did not see her poop but probably will see where she has in the morning. It came up a rough weather storm while giving her her food and thunder and wind/rain. All appears to be better but still not out of the woods. I’ll give another B Complex in the morning.

11. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Good job!! Sounds like she feels better.. If shes eating fairly well and no longer grinding her teeth you can stop MOM and see how she does.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  12. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Temp this morning 101.7f. Gave probiotics, red cell, cayenne mix, b complex shot, kelp capsule, 5 different green leaves and grass. She spit out my prune pitted garlic clove 4 times and would not swallow it. I even held my hands around her mouth loosely while she chewed at it. This went off on on for ten minutes or more. When she could get it between teeth and gums out it would come. It finally hit the dirt so I tossed it. Why are boars so picky about what goes down the hatch. They are the worst. She tried to leave out gate when I did so she must be some better. She smells of every green branch I offer, then she eats the Johnson grass I pull for her. Maybe if she keeps on doing, I’ll let her out tomorrow evening.

13. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Sounds like shes ready to join the herd...tempnis within normal range..but of lower end. Have you seen her chew a cud?

toth boer goats likes this.
  14. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Haven’t seen her chew the cud yet. Also didn’t see poop today in pen. She ate grass good and grape vine leaves and a little hay. No alfalfa pellets yet. I have a cobalt and salt block out in pen. She is very alert and loves the grass. I will give her the b complex, replamin, probotics, kelp capsule, redcell and do another temp in the morning. I may let her buddies in with her tomorrow evening and leave gate open. I would love to see cud chewing and stools around pen before I do though. Thanks for all yall’s help and concern.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  15. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ellie’s back with the herd, praise GOD. I gave her her usual, some yogurt, redcell, probotics, cayenne mix, and a shot of b complex. She ate grass and a few leaves. Before I left I saw her urinate, and she walked toward me turn sideways and popped pellets. I said thank you Lord and opened her to the pasture. She went straight to the mineral trough and loaded up on minerals. Thanks for all your concerns and suggestions. I report one more time this evening and probably close this thread

16. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Thats great news!!! Good job.

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

19. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    This evening she came up with her buddies. She came to me for grass but my helper had given her some this evening earlier and I had this morning. She ate some with her buddies and a leaf or so that I offered her. I did see her chewing her cud ( look like it to me anyway.) I didn’t give her any thing this evening but will give redcell and probotics and maybe cayenne mix in the morning. Hope she continues to improve. I’m closing out with this thread now and if anything changes for the worst I’ll start a new one. Thanks to all of you. You were a great help and comfort to me and Ellie.

20. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    congratulations..job well done

alicejane likes this.