The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question which I may already know the answer to but my answer is based on guessing so....
Three does bred last week.
One of them is 15 months and has been bred once before, so she had an empty bag and obviously "used" teats previously.
The other two never been bred- teats still look like little chocolate chips on their tummys very tight and not at all elongated
All three came in to heat- pretty certain all three bred (although waiting til about the 23rd to see if they come back in before I know for sure) but
I have noticed that all three does while they don't have udders obviously yet, the teats on all three have become much fuller including the younger ones that are now looking more like "usable" body parts..lol.
Could this be an indicator of a pregnancy, or do they always swell like that when they are in heat?
Thanks-just wondering if anyone else had ever made note of that?

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
As the Doeling gets older "matures", their teats do grow with them, more so, if they are a few months, into their pregnancies.

A month to a month and a 1/2 prior to kidding, their udders will begin to fill.

If they were just bred, teats won't change right away.

·
Rusty
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I stand corrected- my husband just reminded it me it wasn't last week..lol.. it was actually 15 days ago. Thanks for the info-we only have a week or so to go to see if they come back in heat and then I guess we will know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts