The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is your tack room organized? Is it messy or tidy? Post tips on how you have yours organized. Share ideas with people and come up with unique ideas on tack room organization.:clap:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My tackroom isn't quite done, and is still a work in progress but this is what it looks like. A lot of the clutter is stuff that's suppose to go in the goat barn's parlor when that's finished. It's got a somewhat high vaulted ceiling, tile floor, a stained oak saddle stand, a phone, and a switch for the lights and another for switching all the fans or bucket heaters on and off.

It's pretty clean right now, but I'm sure once the painting and everything done and we move our stuff in it won't stay clean for long. lol

When I had a normal tack room I always had shelves for fancy saddle pads versus my everyday work pads. Hooks for bridles, bits, and lunge lines. I always was more organized when I boarded somewhere else. Now that I have my own place stuff is everywhere. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great hope you will be happy with it once it is done!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Im planning my barn now and it will be built in the spring. Its a 6 stall breezeway, with a 12x 24 tack room, 12x12 feed room, and a 12x12 indoor washrack. I've seen barns with a 12x12 tack, way too small! Even with that I plan on keeping show tack in my house. Right now I use my trailer tack room. Its only got 4 saddleracks, two blanket bars, 4 tiny shelves, and a boot chest. I keep everyday tack, grooming stuff and basic first aid stuff there. Everything else is in my house. Everything is neat and tidy.

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
Some cool hints. Dad made me a permanent saddle rack out of a split log, he put the rounded side up so it helps the saddle keep its shape. Also a friend of mine used tuna cans, she cleaned them out and nailed them to the wall voila instant place to hang your bridle. Another thing dad did is build a shelf all the way around where I can put meds vet rap, hoof pics, nippers, tools so on and so forth.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great guys I just like to hear all of your cool ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts