tad worried

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by StaceyRosado, May 6, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    here is mr Prestos rear

I know that it doesn't look bad but counting in Rocky and Mason's misterious sores, Anythinglike this gets me worried

Attached Files:

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That looks very much like something a couple of my Boer kids had earlier this year. I have no idea what it was, but the bumps on mine got a little bigger and then kind of popped and scabbed over. Cleared up on it's own after about a week.

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it flakes off like dried skin so I think that is all it is.......... but of course I panick over anything like this now.

I guess I will try some Vasiline stuff on it (the kind for your lips)

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    It looks like dry skin, I had a couple kids get that. Is it bumpy or anything?

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well the flakes are bumpy but other then that no.

Kitten has it too -- didn't take a picture of hers. none of the other kids in the pen have it. :shrug:

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hmmm, they are the two "bottle" babies so could it be that mom isn't cleaning their hiny?

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you calling me a bad mommy :cry: :wink:

Their hinies are nice and clean so I didnt' think they needed cleaning :shrug:

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    LOL :slapfloor:

Hmmm I don't think I would worry too much yet. :greengrin:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    but it is worth noting.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    And also good to take photos so you can compare them. With goaties you can never be to careful! :coffee2:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  12. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    What are you using to clean hines? Could their be something in it that driers them a little to much? Maybe moms have a nature moistening when they clean? I really don't know just guessing. Juliette over clean and cause sore this year :roll: . Shelly

13. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    Stacey. I have a bottle baby who also started off like that and now has little scabs all over her body even her legs. I am not sure what it is. No other goat or kid has it. My little doe just turned 3 months so I saw that it may be a mite on some websites I looked at so I just wormed her with Ivermectin and will do it again in 15 days. If it doesn't clear it up then I'll take her to the vet. If you find out let me know it could be the same problem. Do they ever scratch? She did sometimes before she broke out.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    both scratch their faces a lot - but misquitos are really bad right now :shrug:

15. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That looks and sounds like what Dottie had too- but her's has lasted months- maybe it's like one of those childhood things that you should get when younger otherwise it's much worse.
    Never did get a diagnosis with Dottie but I think it was a staph dermatitis.

16. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I had kids get that too...vasaline cleared it right up

17. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Maybe it's Milk Rash. Out vet told us when we first got the buckling that since we were bottle feeding him that it was a possability. He said it was nothing to worry about just that bottle babies are prone to it. He also said we would notice it first around his mouth or on his bottom. Just a thought.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds reasonable ---- but Kitten who isn't a bottle baby also has it :shrug:

I forgot to put the vasaline on it -- btu so far so good.