The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! im new to this site, and a new goat owner, my female goat is swishing her tail and atacking me!!!!!jumping up and wrapping her front hooves around me!i have no idea what is going on! please help!!

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
She's probably in heat. Does in heat are usually noisier, frequently tail wag, flap their tongues, mount other does, and sometimes headbutt or harrass other goats.

Don't let her attack you. I'd give her a good smack on the nose or pinch an ear when she does this. If that doesn't work, get a spray bottle with water and spray her in the face when she attacks or jumps on you. Be firm. This behavior can become dangerous and should not be tolerated.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Agree 100% with KW...this behavior should not be tolerated as it can become very dangerous. If you can't get it stopped, consider getting rid of her...especially if you have children. There are a lot of nice goats out there that don't have that behavior. I just sold one that produced some really nice kids but...her previous owner thought it was "cute" when she butted as a kid. As a full grown boer doe....it definitely wasn't "cute" any more.

·
1,147 Posts
:slapfloor:LOL

Ha ha ha!

She sounds like she is in estrus (heat)....

An exact translation from Goat to Human would be:

"Me-Want-Buck-NOW.!!!!"

LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts