Take a look at this doe ADDED MORE PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Frozenloc2, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008
    Does this old gal look prego to you? I picked her up at auction last night. I felt bad for her cause I saw her at the sale a month ago and now they brought her back and skinnier. She looks preg to me but shes so skiny that it could be worms right or no? She looks prego to me though. I wormed her today and gave her cd/t shot.
    I just don't understand why someone would bring her back to the auction. Any ideas? If she is pregnant, its a investment for someone. She's a real sweetheart and I named her Moo Moo. Does she look all Nigerian or pygmy in there also?

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Take a look at this doe

she could be pregnant.....but it is hard to say. She looks nigerian mix to me

That is why I don't go to sale barns.....I would be so mad at people! :angry:

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

very pretty girl, such a shame what some goats go through. Post a good picture of her back side showing her vulva and udder area and maybe we can tell.

4. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008

:doh: I will do that tomorrow morning

5. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008
    I wish you could see how skiny she really is but the black and white together really hides it on a camera

Attached Files:

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    There is a small udder there, but it could be drying off or filling in. I'd watch closely and see if it grows anymore. Then you'll have your answer.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes I would say she is pregnant due to her udder - probably due within the month. From those pictures I can't see her vulva very well but I do see her sides pertruding as well as the udder.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I really can not tell, but no matter what, I would get some good mineral in her and LOTS of hay. I would start graining her very slowly and increase it slowly but if she is Prego, I hate to say it but the babies/baby might not make it, because that poor girl is really malnourished. She sure does look like a sweet goat. It looks like you just might of saved her life. Good for you. :angel: :angel: You are her Angel.

9. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 Guest

Jan 12, 2008
    That was my thought also Lori, that I would probably have two very sick or dead kids on my hands. I do know she will never see another auction again. I am getting ready to fence in some of my horse pasture with wire and dedicate it to the retirees in time.