The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhhh....just got out of the shower after hoof trimming, copper bolusing, selenium/e gel"ing" and deworming....the boys! Booker, my Boer wether was great with his feet, but Dallas....not so much :rolleyes: Of course, cause he's the really stinky one right now!

I know I need to get a bolus gun....I ended up drenching with water/copper and a bit of molasses...just hoping he got enough as he was not real cooperative :p
Of course, the DH had to hold his head tight...LOL....so i could drench him...he took the first shower....LOL

Yep, clothes are on the back porch til tomorrow when I wash! P.U. .... :laugh:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I SO need a drench gun! I always use little syringes cause that's all I have, and I have to give them like 3 or 4 doses with those. Ugh.
And I usually dose alone, I need to get my bro. to help me hold them... it would make the job easier! :p

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
I love my drenching syringe and bolus gun. They make my life so much easier. Dante has huge horns so I just tip his head back with horns through the fence and it holds him for me so long as I keep a firm hand on his beard. Then I drench and done. No stinky clothes.

·
14,760 Posts
LOL that's me pretty much every evening! I have to manually get the buck out of the barn after he's been fed, he is just so stubborn and doesn't understand yet that when I say MOVE IT, I mean...MOVE IT lol

Oh and he rubs all over our herd queen who is our sweetest doe <ok, so she's a witch to the other goats! but sweet to us>. Now, before we let her rub/love on us, we smell her to as my six year old daughter says 'make sure she doesn't smell like a man.' lol

Even my kids 4-H wethers smell like him! They play with him, sleep near him, etc. So we've had to start separating them at night, and only let the wethers out for a while during the day. They sell in a couple of weeks, and we'll have to scrub them good to get the stink off lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts