The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, so I'm bored and I really want February to roll around so I can have cute little goat babies. But, how about you guys and me try to guess what colors Holly and Blue Crooner will produce! I think a gold and white spotted with blue eyes, and a red roan with white spots like her mom.

Holly(dam):

Blue Crooner(sire):

·
Registered
254 Posts
just curious why he is shaved that way? I shave my does rears before they kid, and I could see trimming a bucks belly, but why his back? THey are both very pretty. :) I can't wait to see them kid picts.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure, he's not my buck.

Holly's sister is a banded buckskin so I'm hoping I'll get one like that. =D

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I say never got your hopes up for any color, because that is sure when it is going to be way off.
I bred a brown doe, to a black buck and got white all white babies. go figure. :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A lot of the time the color comes from the buck. My one doe, Millie, has had kids for the last 4 yrs.

Millie is a reddish doe with frosted ears and nose and a splash on her side. She is a Nubian.

1st year(2004): Triplets, 2 fawn(one slightly darker than the other) with frosted e/n and each had a splash on their side. 3rd kid was a creamy color...didn't live long enough to completely dry and see all the markings.
2nd year(2005): Triplets, 1 darkish red with unfrosted e/n and no splash. 1 black with frosted e/n, brown cheeks, and some splashes on belly. 1 black with frosted e/n, brown cheeks, no splashes, gray on hind legs.
3rd year(2006): Triplet Snubian kids, all 3 were white.
4th year(2007): Twins, 1 strawberry roanish kid with frosted e/n, and splash on side. 1 darker brown kid, some roaning, unfrosted e/n, and no splash.

Although, my Flicka's maternal grandma, mom, and sister all are the same color. It sure is a pretty color and I wish Flicka would have it, but she doesn't. It is a chocolate type color with cream trim and frosted ears and nose. You don't see too many Nubians that color!

So, I guess what ever color Blue throws and if Holly has any dominate colors. That is what makes kidding so fun! Waiting to see what color you will get!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts