Taking bets on what colors these two will produce!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sara, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Haha, so I'm bored and I really want February to roll around so I can have cute little goat babies. But, how about you guys and me try to guess what colors Holly and Blue Crooner will produce! I think a gold and white spotted with blue eyes, and a red roan with white spots like her mom.

Holly(dam):
    [​IMG]

Blue Crooner(sire):
    [​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I don't care what color I get....LOL! As long as it has Blue Eyes! Heck I said I would take a doe or buck. LOL!

I am so excited to see if I get one of your babies!!!

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I will say a tri colored with blue eyes.

4. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    just curious why he is shaved that way? I shave my does rears before they kid, and I could see trimming a bucks belly, but why his back? THey are both very pretty. :) I can't wait to see them kid picts.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    My guess would be for a show, so the judge can see his escutcheon.

6. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    I'm not sure, he's not my buck.

Holly's sister is a banded buckskin so I'm hoping I'll get one like that. =D

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have no idea what color they will be, but I do know one thing -- they'll be CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!

Who owns the buck? Do they have a web site?

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sara,
    Do you know the due date for these kids? I am waiting and waiting for your call to say - You are a grandmammy of a Blue Eyed.....

Hehehe! I am just way to excited with you!

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    2/12/08 give or take a day

10. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Jean Wilcox owns the buck. =)

http://chicoryspringsfarm.com/nigerian%20bucks.htm

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

im guessing broken buckskins or gold and white, or maybe one of each. one with brown eyes andone with blue eyes.

beth

12. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    He is prolly mid-shave for a show. I always start at the butt, do the top half of their body, the belly, the legs and then the front end. That way they are used to the clipper sounds and movements by the time I'm near their face.

Hmm....I say purple kids!

13. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Haha wouldn't that be a suprise?! PURPLE KIDS!

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I say never got your hopes up for any color, because that is sure when it is going to be way off.
    I bred a brown doe, to a black buck and got white all white babies. go figure. :?: :?:

15. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I know that cattle get the top of their backs shaved so that they don't get too hot in the sheds in the winter...

16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    A lot of the time the color comes from the buck. My one doe, Millie, has had kids for the last 4 yrs.

Millie is a reddish doe with frosted ears and nose and a splash on her side. She is a Nubian.

1st year(2004): Triplets, 2 fawn(one slightly darker than the other) with frosted e/n and each had a splash on their side. 3rd kid was a creamy color...didn't live long enough to completely dry and see all the markings.
    2nd year(2005): Triplets, 1 darkish red with unfrosted e/n and no splash. 1 black with frosted e/n, brown cheeks, and some splashes on belly. 1 black with frosted e/n, brown cheeks, no splashes, gray on hind legs.
    3rd year(2006): Triplet Snubian kids, all 3 were white.
    4th year(2007): Twins, 1 strawberry roanish kid with frosted e/n, and splash on side. 1 darker brown kid, some roaning, unfrosted e/n, and no splash.

Although, my Flicka's maternal grandma, mom, and sister all are the same color. It sure is a pretty color and I wish Flicka would have it, but she doesn't. It is a chocolate type color with cream trim and frosted ears and nose. You don't see too many Nubians that color!

So, I guess what ever color Blue throws and if Holly has any dominate colors. That is what makes kidding so fun! Waiting to see what color you will get!