The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am calling the vet tomorrow.

Cupcake has had an issue with mites/something on her hooves. It's been bloody, puss-y, itchy, painful. It's now spread to her vulva and her udder.

I've treated her with:

Mange treatment
CyLence
Ivermectin
Nustock
PenG
Soap and Water

One hoof is better, 100% better. Three hooves are MUCH MUCH worse.

I have to decide what the issue is. And if I'm going to treat, or put her down.

I've done all that I can on my own.

Suggestions on things to help me decide? I do believe she's pregnant.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Soremouth maybe? Sorry if it's not, I'm still kinda new with diseases and such.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Hmm, any plants they could get into?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
True.. Hmm. I can't think of anything else. Interested in what the vet has to say. Sorry I couldn't think of anything..

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a dollar amount in my head. The vet visit plus an amount for testing. If the figure runs much higher than that I might choose to put her down. I just have to think of the bottom line. I don't want to compromise the other goats vet money for one goat.... It sounds silly. I love this goat. She is pretty fabulous. I hope it's an easy solution.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Right. :( Have you tried goats milk soap? Or even plain goats milk on it?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I would try that. I know personally a lady who has some skin thing, none of the meds worked, and it was on her hands and arms. So whenever she washed her hands, it made it worse. She tried some goats milk soap I had on hand, and it soothed it a lot after one application. Hope that works or at least helps! :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Or any anti-biotics? Maybe some sort of infection?

·
I'm watching you
22,201 Posts
It's a fungus or a yeast. Probably a fungus. Iodine spray and Vagisil cream.
A course of antibiotics for the secondary infection.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
I agree with goathiker. If you have the money, please try Nu-Stock. You apply every three days, it is all natural. It's been a strange year, I had something very similar to you. The hoof was red, swollen, I felt so bad. Applied Nu Stock, and it took care of the problem. For an infection this bad, I would apply every other day. :hug:

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
that sounds very uncomfortable...for you and your girl. I hope it's an easy solution.

please post some pics (i'm curious to see what it looks like....even though it sounds gross), and do let us know what the vet says.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I had 1 goat that got mites on her feet, every year. She was the only one to have the issue in a herd of 8. I used Sevin on her, cleared it up in a few days. I had to do it every year...usually in the spring. But, it wasn't a huge problem once I figured out what to do for her...that was before I found TGS.

·
rdmtnfarms
760 Posts
Mtg is great especially for fungus and skin irritations. It does wonders on scratches in horses.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts