The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have goats some with and without horns. The ones with the horns is it safe to band the horns on them? Or do I need to put tape or something on them?? And will the tape hurt them and can I leave The tape on all the time? I am talking about my does.

I am going to leave the horns on my bucks. But can you guys post pics of goats that have had their horns removed with bands and some with the tips cut off?? Thanks I am just wanting to be on the safe side.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Post a picture of the goat with the horns.

I know you have to put the band really low on the horn. You also should take like a file and make a few grooves in the horn so the band will have a place to stay.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am putting them as well as I can :(((

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plz if you can't answer my questions don't be rude about it just dont answer plz. And I'm not being rude just don't be rude.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well as I said if you cannot answer my question then don't answer plz. And you have been helpful to me when you answer but if you feel like you can't answer then don't:)

· Super Moderator
64,518 Posts
No one is being rude to you. You need to give full information when you post a question and should be using proper pictures.

There are a lot of threads on here about banding horns. I suggest you do a search.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my cases are different than everyone else's.

I am asking as well as I can.

If you can't answer then don't.
I am on her to help others and learn myself:))

· Yes Dear Goat Farm
1,242 Posts
Well my cases are different than everyone else's.

I am asking as well as I can.

If you can't answer then don't.
I am on her to help others and learn myself:))
Exactly! Every goat is different, every case is different. That is why we need pictures of your specific goat for questions like this one. No one can answer your questions if we can't see the animal we are replying about.

No one is being rude, we are just trying to help you by letting you know why we can't help without proper pictures. :shrug: Some things simply can't be answered if we can't see the actual problem.

· Premium Member
15,206 Posts
On a forum, you will get many different answers and opinions. If you ask a question, be prepared for many different replies. If you tell members to not post on your thread if they can't answer your question exactly how you'd like to hear it, then what is the point of asking in the first place? ;)

I know you're trying to learn about banding horns, but I saw no one being rude or say something inappropriate or off topic. That said, there are many "banding horns" threads on this forum already. Using the search feature is a good way to get a quick answer to your question(s). The process is the same in most cases, you make a couple tiny notches at the very base of the horn and put a couple bands on. Keep putting new bands on if the older ones get weak.

The goat in the photo would be easy to band since she's got small horns. Good luck!

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok thanks everyone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.