The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Taking my EMT - B Test Today!

Yeah, must be. MA bites! lol

I keep going over how to splint, backboard, use the traction splint..... :GAAH: I just want it over with.

Between this and Dawn I need :help: :slapfloor:

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts

Oh good luck. I just know you will do great.

·
Registered
403 Posts

GOOD LUCK!!! My dad has been a paramedic for like 25 yrs. He recently had to take the test because he had let his license lapse. It took them a long time but he said it wasnt too hard (then again, hes been doing it for 25 yrs.) You will do great!!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thank You. I will be leaving in an hour to practice and then take my test! Yikes!

Yes, I want to work full time. If all goes well then I will go back to school to be a paramedic or intermediate. :)

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts

enjoytheride said:
Good luck- I know you'll do well.
I do admire those who take the time and trouble to learn how to save lives and help the injured and sick. Hooray for you.
I have an EMT friend, Cousin and soon to be EMT brother. I cant get over how excited they get to go on a call. I razz my friend and cousin about them enjoying other peoples misfortunes. :shocked: It certainly takes a certain kind of person to be able to do it.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Ok, well I'm done. Arg! That was hard. I can't even think straight anymore. I am pretty sure I failed two of four stations. I didn't get called back to re-test so I either really failed or really passed. You only get called back in to re-test if you fail one station. :shrug: :hair: :help: :doh: :GAAH:

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

2-4 weeks. If its a postcard thats good, if its a big envelope thats bad. lol

I forgot the head blocks when I did back boarding! :doh: Not sure if my examiner noticed or not. I also took a long time on my Medical and trauma assessments. I know I can't keep second guessing what I did but -> :GAAH: The testing started at 5:30 and ended at 10:30. Boy is my brain fried.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Re: Taking my EMT - B Test Today!(Not sure how I did)

Well, we will be waiting to hear the GOOD news. Just keep thinking good thoughts.
It is our human nature to second guess ourselves. I am sure you did fine.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, I can. I need to pay another fee. But not as big as the original fee. My mom offered to pay it for me.

I'm just discouraged. At least I know what to expect this time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.