Taking my EMT - B Test Today!(I just found out I failed!)

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by RunAround, Jul 1, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Please wish me luck! I am really nervous! It's just the practical part and if I pass that then I can take the written test at a later date.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Taking my EMT - B Test Today!

oh cool! my brother just took an excelerated EMT class and he now is waiting to take his test. He will take it next Thursday. THey do both in the same day, must be a state thing.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Yeah, must be. MA bites! lol

I keep going over how to splint, backboard, use the traction splint..... :GAAH: I just want it over with.

Between this and Dawn I need :help: :slapfloor:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Oh good luck. I just know you will do great.

5. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX

GOOD LUCK!!! My dad has been a paramedic for like 25 yrs. He recently had to take the test because he had let his license lapse. It took them a long time but he said it wasnt too hard (then again, hes been doing it for 25 yrs.) You will do great!!

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca

Good luck- I know you'll do well.
    I do admire those who take the time and trouble to learn how to save lives and help the injured and sick. Hooray for you.

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oh yeah! Good luck! Are you going to work full-time? I have so much respect for people who go into these types of careers. :clap:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Thank You. I will be leaving in an hour to practice and then take my test! Yikes!

Yes, I want to work full time. If all goes well then I will go back to school to be a paramedic or intermediate. :)

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I have an EMT friend, Cousin and soon to be EMT brother. I cant get over how excited they get to go on a call. I razz my friend and cousin about them enjoying other peoples misfortunes. :shocked: It certainly takes a certain kind of person to be able to do it.

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Ok, I'm off. :help:

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Good Luck! I know you will pass the test with flying colors :stars:

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Ok, well I'm done. Arg! That was hard. I can't even think straight anymore. I am pretty sure I failed two of four stations. I didn't get called back to re-test so I either really failed or really passed. You only get called back in to re-test if you fail one station. :shrug: :hair: :help: :doh: :GAAH:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

when will you know? Well I hope it is that you passed. :pray:

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

2-4 weeks. If its a postcard thats good, if its a big envelope thats bad. lol

I forgot the head blocks when I did back boarding! :doh: Not sure if my examiner noticed or not. I also took a long time on my Medical and trauma assessments. I know I can't keep second guessing what I did but -> :GAAH: The testing started at 5:30 and ended at 10:30. Boy is my brain fried.

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Taking my EMT - B Test Today!(Not sure how I did)

Well, we will be waiting to hear the GOOD news. Just keep thinking good thoughts.
    It is our human nature to second guess ourselves. I am sure you did fine.

16. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So I failed both my trauma/medical assessment and my back boarding station! :tears: :sigh:

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My goodness, I'm so sorry.....of course you had been under tremendous stress at the time with Dawn...we understand, when can you re-test? :grouphug:

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yes, I can. I need to pay another fee. But not as big as the original fee. My mom offered to pay it for me.

I'm just discouraged. At least I know what to expect this time.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    As you said, you know what to expect now....and won't have that stress on you...really nice of your mom to pay for the second round :greengrin:

20. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    So Sorry. i know how you feel...Been there Done that! The second time around was much easier for me because I wasn't sooo nervous. By that point I figured if I did it fine if not that was fine too. I'm sure you will do great the next time!