The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Got results from a fecal yesterday for both of my goats. They didn't do a count which really upsets me. But said that one of them was showing coccidia which of course we all know they will to some extent. Anyways I started treating today with corid bc my male goat had scours and was not acting right. Well after I dosed him I started noticing stuff in his poo. Please tell me that coccidia can resemble flat white strips in the poo? Some are several inches long and some are just little pieces. I'm assuming it is probably tape worms but wanted to know if that is the only type of worm that would look like that in the feces.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would start tapeworm treatment as well.
@toth boer goats
So I can treat for both at the same time? If so I am currently using corid for the coccidia, is there a certain type of medication that treats both, or a tapeworm medication that is safe to use with corid? Trying to do some research and there is so much contrasting info on tapeworm meds and I will for sure get lost down the rabbit hole trying to search on how to treat for both. Thanks for your help!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts