The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok pretty sure I have found Tapeworm segments in feces. Makes sense I guess since we have only wormed these certain goats with Cydectin, and Ivermectin .

I don't think I like safeguard all that well.

I was thinking of using Valbazen, we've never used it before.

But... I am not sure if it's safe for 5 week old triplets, or for the dam who is nursing 2 of them?

Do I give Valbazen 3 days in a row?

I need an inexpensive but effective route, my budget is dying fast lol

·
Administrator
84,528 Posts
Valbezen is safe for kids at 1 month old and the milk they drink.

Valbezen given Orally, 1 cc per 33lbs, then, 10 days later, 3x apart for tapes. Get a fecal a week or so after full treatment and monitor for a while after. In case.
Tapes are not a real easy worm to get rid of, in some cases.

·
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! Well I think it was round worm, not tape worm. We had went ahead and wormed the young goats with Equimax, since they'd already gotten Cydectin previously.

Eyelids are starting to look better on one I was concerned about.

Now my son's somewhat 'hard keeper' is very pale. Like more pale than we've ever had.
Just looked at her fecal and looks like lots of strongyle's and some round worm showing up.

I'm thinking I'll give her a hefty dose of Cydectin tonight when I go feed the bottle baby. Then pick up some Ivermectin inj. to take care of the round worm <Cydectin hasn't worked on the roundworm....>.

I'm just not sure how long I should wait after I give the Cydectin to safely give her Ivermectin.
Would it be very affective if I give it by injection vs. oral? Thinking I might end up getting Horse paste and give her a large dose of that instead.

So frustrating, but I've been expecting it. It's that time of year, when parasites come on like the plague in these parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts