The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the kits for tattooing the goats. And there's discussions and here and there I've found mention of people using a tattoo machine. Just like the ones used on humans. I've looked at tattoo pens which are interesting.

I had some time booked in the tattoo chair (for me) and decided to talk to my tattoist about what he thought would be good or if he'd heard of the pens. He had no idea about the pens but he said I was welcome to borrow one of his old tattoo machines (that he no longer uses on people) and power supplies any time I needed to tattoo a goat.

Seriously this guy is awesome. I've always been on the receiving side of the tattoo machine so I have no idea how they work.

Anyone use one of these instead of the clamps?

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
No, I have the clamps. I think the time involved to actually tattoo each letter/number would be hard to keep the goat still. The clamps are very quick and all the letters are done at once in each ear.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The clamps are probably a lot faster and more accurate, in case the goat tries to move..

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I bought and tried a tattoo pen once for kids... wasn't easy at all to try and get the digits and letters in each ear and holding the kid still at the same time... the clamp style is much faster and easier IMO, The pen takes too long to do, stressing the contained kid out as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts