The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a Tattoo outfit, I had no idea there was so many options! I have alpines, so, could y'all send me what you use? anyone know what I need to get to tattoo them? there's 3/8 in 5/16, 300, and more....

·
8,066 Posts
I got the rotating head with the ear release from Caprine Supply. One side is your farm letters, the other the birth numbers. "M" for this year. It comes with numbers, you have to order the letters separately. For the ink, get the green paste (comes in a tube, like a small tube of green toothpaste.)

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Looking to buy a Tattoo outfit, I had no idea there was so many options! I have alpines, so, could y'all send me what you use? anyone know what I need to get to tattoo them? there's 3/8 in 5/16, 300, and more....
Get two sets! SO much easier to not have to change it all over for the second ear.

·
8,066 Posts
Get a smaller set for lamanchas, and don't get the one with the ear release.
Since you really do not want to use alcohol to get rid of the oils etc. on a Lamancha tail web, clean the area really well with baby wipes, the ones that are unscented and non oily. Then wipe area with plain water and dry with a paper towel. Then do the tattoo and rub that ink in well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts